What Color Is Alex... new pics on page 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
LOL.

Not sure what he does the rest of the week. He runs the facility so he could be attending to those needs on some of the other days. I've also seen a trend in those clinics where there are multiple vets that each vet only sees patients on certain days and attends to things such as surgeries and such on other days. They typically work around this by having animals treated by other vets on the other days if necessary, but when you're the only vet there that treats herps, it limits your options.

I've been contemplating going to the other clinic. I have no reason to think that Gertrude's passing was a result of something they did wrong, though. So, I'm not sure there's a justification for driving further and spending more.

Anyway, meeting up with the guy who has Alex tomorrow afternoon.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
Knowing myself as I do? Probably.

One look into those beardie eyes and I'm sure I'll be hooked. I'm too much of a softie when it comes to such things.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
LOL

Well.... here's Alex :D

SUNP0014rs.jpg

Pics were taken with a really bad digital camera. I'll try to get some better ones later.

SUNP0017rs.jpg

Not sure what color morph he is. There is a lot of red in his legs and tail that isn't showing up in these pics.

SUNP0015rs.jpg

SUNP0019rs.jpg

Health-wise, he seems ok. Somewhat active, though he was shedding and we know how they can get with that. Plus, it was cold when I went to get him.

He's small for his age. Haven't measured him yet but he seems quite under-weight. My guess is that the greens he's been eating, or rather, the wrong greens, has something to do with that.

The only thing that really stood out that I need to get checked is that his lower jaw extends out past his upper. The lower jaw doesn't seem soft or anything, so, I can't say for sure whether it's MBD or not. I don't really see any other signs of it if it is.

SUNP0016rs.jpg

SUNP0018rs.jpg

Not sure if it's anything to be concerned with or not.

Again, really bad pics. I have a better digital cam but I need to replace the batteries in it.

I'll be calling the vet first thing Monday to set up an apt. to have him checked out and to do a fecal.

I changed the UVB bulb to a Reptisun 10.0 and located it into the tank. I put new repticarpet in. He's downstairs on the first floor for now so I'll have to play around with the temps a bit to get it right. It tends to get a little colder down there so I put a small UTH. With the Repticarpet it should be safe enough. I'll keep a close eye on it, though.

Anyway, I'll post new pics when I get a sec.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Glad you got him! Not sure about the jaw thing. I use a uth in my geckos vivs and have had no problems. I got it hooked up to a lamp dimmer and works will. I also used one for my bd last winter to. As long as you can turn them down I don't see the problem but some folks are completely against them.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
The only reason a UTH or heat rocks are bad for beardies is because beardies are not able to sense heat with their bellies. They sense heat from above, and they don't have sensors in their bellies to tell them it's too hot. Because of this you run the risk of your beardie being burned and depending on the severity, causing damage to organs.

-Kaleen

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
FranktheTank":2ge0tb2s said:
The only reason a UTH or heat rocks are bad for beardies is because beardies are not able to sense heat with their bellies. They sense heat from above, and they don't have sensors in their bellies to tell them it's too hot. Because of this you run the risk of your beardie being burned and depending on the severity, causing damage to organs.

-Kaleen
With a little common since and a dimmer or thermostat they can be used safely. They are like anything else dealing with heat you have to understand how they work what they are designed to do and use them correctly. If you just plug one in and walk away you gonna have a crispy lizard lol. Heat rocks I have never used so I can't speak from experience.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
I learned not to use heat rocks quite some time ago with a couple of little anoles I had.

I have down repticarpet and a layer of paper towel underneath that so it should be a decent buffer. I have a temp probe so I'll keep an eye on it.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
Anyway, I have an apt. for him at the vet on Friday. Decided to go with the other one and check them out.

I took some pics with the better cam...

IMG_9925resized.jpg

IMG_9919resized.jpg

IMG_9924resized.jpg

IMG_9927resized.jpg

Is that color pattern called anything in particular?

And a little better pic of that underbite...

IMG_9920resized.jpg

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Lmao someone spammed this post Earlier and they where selling ugg boots. One of the mods removed it. That was not directed to you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom