What can i feed my hornworms???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonya246

Hi all! i have some extra hornworms this time around, usually if i buy them i feed them off right away.....I know they eat hornworm chow :D However i dont have any and i have heard that they will eat anything....then i heard some stuff can be toxic to dragons...then i heard i can feed them silkworm chow....Not to sure what to feed them!!!! Is it safe to feed them potatoes??? I do have lots of silk chow but want some answers before i feed them something i shouldnt!! Thank You

kFitz

Hatchling Member
agreed. Mulberry farms sells a silkworm/hornworm chow. So they feed all of them the same thing - silkworm chow

Tonya246

Original Poster
THank you!!! That night in question i peeled a bit of a potato and fed them that, they tripled in size overnight! Since then i have been feeding silk chow, thanks again :)

kFitz

Hatchling Member
no problem! Ya, those bastards grow so fast! I can barely feed them off fast enough before they are monstrous! To slow them down, you can stick them in the fridge. I put them on the door when I do 'cause it's a little warmer there. If i stick them straight in the fridge, they die on me in a day or two, but it'll stop them from eating/growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom