What can i do? Should i complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i went to my local Gardan centre for some live food because at the one i normally go to they didn't have the rite sized hoppers. The same place i bought my BD from 2 months ago. (he was unwell when i got him and within a week or so he was rushed to the vet)
I was quite upset and angry when i left. They had like 18 baby beardies in one 20gal tank with just a red UV lamp. The temp was down at 60ish in the hottest part near the lamp. They are near the door so at night i'm sure the temps will drop to 30 max!
When i got my beardie there were only 3 to chose from and i chose one unknowingly with less than half a tail. They told me this was normal for one or two to be born like this because of something to do with when they are in the egg. Today i'd say 90% of them had half and even less of a tail. They were all stressed and all huddled together in one corner. As i bent down and looked closer in the tank one of them it's face was covered in blood and he had the upper part of his right nostril missing! I don't know how this could have happened but it looked nasty! i was so annoyed they hadn't sorted the little guy out i went over and told the woman who was on the pet department and she seemed disinterested and told me to tell someone else.
There were 2 fully grown Beardies that are in a 50 gal tank with a red UV lamp, they both sat with amazingly black beards and really dark bodies like they really didn't want to be stared at all day long. and once again BOTH HAD NIPPED TAILS! They had no fresh salad, it was stail and dryed out. and no water bowl. i couldn't see a thermometer so couldn't tell the temps.

Is there anything i can do about this? they are inexperianced and personaly i DON'T thing these *****s should be keeping and selling beardies.
should i complain? :evil: :( :banghead:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Write a letter to the director of the store, call the manager, have your friends call the manager, have their friends call the manager and contact the humane society to see what else can be done...Good luck, that sounds horrible!

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I agree start calling and writing. You have a local newspaper correct? I would write a letter to them maybe even go back by there and take a picture
for the paper. Call the manager and owner. call friends. Call humane society.
let us know what happens.
good luck

Wow! That's criminal! I would do what everyone has already suggested, but I would take it one step further and contact the local police and animal control. This is a case of animal abuse. Poor beardies. Good luck with your cause!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Thats so awful, i think some people just look at lizards and don't class them as 'real' pets because they aren't furry with waggy tails- they don't realise what great and wonderful living animals they are and that they have personalities and feelings ooooooooh makes me sick!! Definately complain, you can always remain anonymous!

that is awful. where are you located? I would call the humane society or animal control about this like others have suggested. So upsetting.

OrlyBloomerzBaby

Hatchling Member
OMG! That's terrible!! Some people need to be locked up! :angry5:
I agree with everbody else. Call the newspaper, and the Humane society. Heck you should probably call the news. Like Here we have ABC Action New for You. They investigate things like pet stores, and dirty restauraunts, etc. I don't know if you have that where you are but you should look into it. Those poor beardies. :cry: That is such abuse!

Livey

Extreme Poster
A letter is always good,
I wrote a letter to pets at home ..
i received a letter back, the manger actually wanted to talk to sort it out, but i always missed his phone calls..
The next time i went in the changed all of the vivs around and actually listened :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom