What can a baby eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogles

Juvie Member
My baby beardie is 3months, I feed him 1/2 inch crickets and he loves his greens. Can I feed him small silkworms? He doesn't like going after his crickets, so I thought it would be easier if I put silkworms in his greens would be a good idea? the reptile store i go to doesn't have pheonix worms

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
The best thing to do is order your feeders online in bulk. You'll find they are cheaper and easy to care for.
I like crickets, roaches, phoenix worms, silkworms, and even the expensive hornworms. There are lots of good posts on this forum showing you how to care for the feeders.

Jeff

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Yep, ordering online is the way to go! You can find phoenix worms at phoenixworms.com, and shipping is included. There are some other online retailers who carry them, but its cheaper from pw.com...

Any soft-bodied worms are ok for a bd that young, so long as they aren't really big. Avoid meal worms at all costs, and you can feed superworms as a main staple once your BD is 16 inches. PWs, silk worms, butter worms, horn worms, etc.. any of these are just fine to feed as they don't pose an impaction risk.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom