what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrameth

doesn't seem like charlie can go a day without stress marks? they get lighter and darker but most of the time they are pretty light.. eats like a monster and poops every day..what do i do? he wont let me hold him but doesn't run away as frantically as he used to. i just want him to be happy and healthy! should i just leave him alone for a while? could it be his uvb? .. i still have the repti glo coil thingy but its high above his cage and he doesn't seem to squint much.. i don't have money to buy the expensive 50$ one and also don't have a credit card..i would be so distraught if my baby got sick! please help me!

Serrameth

Original Poster
just had a breakthrough with charlie!! i took him out of his viv and he just laid on my chest and looked at me for about 15 mins.. with only a few moments of struggle and trying to run away lol.. it was very cute though. i made a little cave with my hand on my chest and he just curled up inside it and looked at me!

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
I'm glad to hear he snuggled w/ you today.
As far as the other situation w/ your UVB, you deffinately need to get a new one (the compacts aren't good no matter what). I'll give you a helpful hint (hopefully if you have a Petco in your area, they are doing what my Petco is doing). Unfortunately Petco is no longer going to carry Reptisun 10.0 anymore (why, I'm notsure). The Petco in my area marked down all of their bulbs to $4.95, I couldn't believe it (I'm not too nice to my fellow shoppers, lol) and I bought all 8 they had in stock. So, hopefully this will help you, it's worth checking out.
Good Luck! :wink:

Serrameth

Original Poster
i got a new uvb for charlie today.. its a zoo med uvb heat and light powersun murcery bulb.. i heard zoo med was good so i hope this is a good choice? oh also the lady at the store says its not a good idea to put the lamp directly on the top of his viv but the bulb does not touch the mesh at all.. is it ok to do that?

Serrameth

Original Poster
bumb for quality of above menchend new uvb.. search brought me nothing.. maybe i suck at search lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom