We've finally got eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

browneyes49

Hatchling Member
So I was up until 2:30 this morning, quietly watching my 2 year old beardie lay her second clutch of eggs. At first, Spike knew I was watching, and she just sat there, so I had to pretend to leave. I even made it sound like I was walking out the door, and quietly sat besdie her lay bin, where she couldn't see me. I almost laughed out loud when I saw her tap down the vermiculte with her nose....sooooo cute! :lol: She layed 21 in total, and when she was done, I carefully put them into my hovabator. So far they look good. I was told that to tell if they are fertile, I can shine a flashlight behind them, and look for veins. How long does it take for veins to form? I am very anxious to see if these eggs are good. How long do you have to wait until you can tell if they are fertile? Thanks for any advise, this group is really helpful!

browneyes49

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well so far so good. I'll look for veins in a few days. Hey, I just noticed, you have a Spike too! Hee hee. Great name eh?

browneyes49

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awww, baby beardies are sooooo adorable! Congrats on the new baby! That must have been exciting to see him hatch. :D I'm just happy to have my Spike back. I took her out to sunbathe today, and she bolted, and was missing outside for 6 hours. I went to look for her after I was done work, and there she was, hanging off of a cedar bush! Geesh! I'm really lucky. :shock: :shock: :shock:. My brother said, "well no wonder she ran, would you want to take care of 21 babies?" Very funny! :roll:

browneyes49

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya, outside must have brought out the wild in her, cuz she got really puffed up, and her beard was black, and her mouth was wide open, which she has never done before....then she ran. She looked quite sheepish when I found her later, but didn't try to bite! I wonder how bad a beardie bite would be?

h2simms

Juvie Member
AnimalKingdom":39y3enw9 said:
congrats on the baby :) when did she mate? how long after mating do they lay?

She mated early January and had a first clutch feb. 2nd, second clutch was laid 3/15/10 and third clutch was laid on 4/14/10. I just got some cages by design, cages that are awsome!! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom