Went for a Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4 year old goes to a pre-school/daycare thing during the day most of the week that is only a half mile away so either my mom or I walk her up Monday-Friday and then walk to pick her up. I figured today I would take Kiyoshi with me today to take my daughter to school since its not really that long. My daughter held her in the critter keeper while riding in the stroller all the way to school and once we got there I placed Kiyoshi on the counter to sign her in and the lady runing the check-in screams out of total fear of thist 5in bearded dragon on the counter in a critter keeper lol. I just laughed saying she can not hurt you see the plastic. The lady would not come near the counter no matter what and my 4 year old just says "shes my mommies new baby I love her" and the lady gives me the funniest what the hell look ever. So I picked up the critter keeper and walked my daughter to her class and all the kids were just amused and asking a dozen questions. (Class full of 3 and 4 yr olds). Of course the teacher is looking at me like im nuts for carrying around this container then actually sees the animal and just wants to know everything. So next week I have been asked to bring her back in and talk to all the kids with her lol. I walked home holding the baby the whole time on my hand and she just watched everything and kept giving me the death glare if I even moved my hand an inch.

Chryss

Hatchling Member
It is nice she will let you take her out of the carrier while outside. Mine gets so freaked out when we go outside that if I don't have him in something, he tries to fight and jump while getting all puffed up and black bearded. Maybe he will get used to it but for now, I keep him in something - lol - learned my lesson when he jumped from my hand and buried himself into the grass all flattened out with his mouth open and his beard black.

joeyb504

Hatchling Member
my nephew did his science report on bearded dragons and he has to present t to the class so his teacher ok'd it to bring lucy in for the presentation i can't wait to see the third graders faces ...oh and its funny because he's read more info on bearded dragons than me and questions everything i do with lucy

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Chryss":d450d said:
It is nice she will let you take her out of the carrier while outside. Mine gets so freaked out when we go outside that if I don't have him in something, he tries to fight and jump while getting all puffed up and black bearded. Maybe he will get used to it but for now, I keep him in something - lol - learned my lesson when he jumped from my hand and buried himself into the grass all flattened out with his mouth open and his beard black.

Yep, I learned the hard way to keep Brutus on a leash if we go outside! the first couple of times, he didn't want to leave my body when we sat out there. But now, he runs into the grass the first chance he gets! He loves it outside!

Rellie2

Hatchling Member
I love the people who don't even know anything about beardies, and they get so freaked out. It's fun to teach people about them too.
I have to carry my dragon if I go on 'walks', he just sits there if I put him down on the ground. He has tried to run away from me several times though, and I was glad I had my leash because beardies can run really fast if they're motivated :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom