Well I've Gone and Done It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr's Mom

Hatchling Member
It all started on a slow day at work. I found this ad on Kingsnake.com

Ad-
We have five 6 week old snow x lemon dragons left from our first clutch and now we have 17 more at 1 week! We are selling at the cheapest prices around for the quality of dragon we have. We want to move these babies out! We are selling the second clutch for wholesale prices of $20/dragon @ $340 for the whole lot. Will only sell in a lot of 17. Our five older babies will go at $45 a piece.

Money order or COD only please. Shipping is extra and depends on location. Live guarantee on arrival. Must sign within 1-4 hours upon delivery. Trades are possible.

Here are our emails and picture.

Kerri,
I'm in Lynchburg. I would be interested in buying one of the older (5) ones. How old are they actually? Would you have problem if I drove over and did a pick-up rather than shipping? What time frame are you looking at to sell your dragons. Clarsah

Clarsah,
As soon as you want the little one come on by. We just need to make a date. They are going to be 6 weeks on Sunday. Thanks Kerri

Kerri,
I'm in the process of building and enclosure. What are you using to keep the little one in now? Can you tell me how long the soon to be six weeks old are now? Can you tell gender at all yet? I don't know if I'll be able to get over this weekend. It maybe next weekend before I can get to Blacksburg. Would you mind sending some pictures? Thanks Clarsah

11.jpg

First Picture of Elvyn

Clarsh,
Lemon babies for wholesale prices! They are in a 10 gallon aquarium at the moment. Again, 6 weeks on Sunday, No way to tell gender accurately at this moment. We have other interested buyers so there is no guarantee they will be available by next weekend. Attached are some pictures of them at 5 weeks. Kerri

I talked it over if my husband. Set up the enclosure and off to Blacksburg we went.

Kerri,
We're home. Want to run get something to eat. I'll give you the run down when I get back. Clarsah

Clarsah,
We are very glad that you got home safe and sound. I hope everything went well. We are off to do some work on snakes up on a mountain in Roanoke. One of us will have our cell with us if you need anything. Give the baby lots of love for me! Kerri

Kerri,
We got on the road and made it home about 7:15. I got the baby in its tank, then went and got something to eat.

The baby got a little cold toward the end of the trip, so for the last twenty minutes I held it in my hand, while the hand was in the carrier. Not the most comfortable position, but the baby seemed to like it.

Here are two pictures of the tank, you can see its on a books shelf. It was a little warm (upper 80's) last night, but I figured that wasn't all bad since the car was a little cool. Then this morning the tank still wasn't getting as warm as I would have liked so, I put some Styrofoam, painted black, behind and below the tank that seems to have done the trick. The area near the top of the stick is right at 105.

I really, really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me yesterday. I felt much more confident after talking to you and have you answer a lot of questions from a novice bearded dragon mom. (You'll make a great vet.)

Oh and good signs, besides the greens it was eating when I took the picture, it has eaten 8 crickets and as every baby must do it pooped.

I found the water bowl after I took this picture.

Thanks so much Clarsah

P1010002.jpg

At Our New Home

Clarsah, I am so glad to hear that you and the little one got home safe and sound. He/she was always one of the good eaters and an attention hog from the beginning so I am sure he/she will be spoiled rotten in its new home.I am glad that you got the temperature figured out. Like I said 75-90% of all exotic cases, especially reptiles and amphibians are associated with husbandry.

Keep him/her nice and toasty and he'll/she'll be a happy little camper. The care sheet is really good at explaining almost everything so make sure you readall the way through and if you have any more questions, I will always be here to answer them for you.

Good luck with your new baby, I am sure you'll have a wonderful time with him and that he's in a great new home! Kerri

Hi Kerri,

Elvyn is doing well. He eats 20 cricket a day (more or less) and veggie. He's a really good eater and very active. He grew a half an inch and gain almost a gram this week. That puts him at 7 inches and 22 grams. Keeping his enclosure toastie seems to be working.

I got a soft side pet carrier that works well as a outside cage. He really
seems to like going out in the sun. Once he's bigger I'll start using the
large Exo-Terra Explorarium outside.

Attached in a picture of Elvyn on the hunt. Doesn't he look fierce.

I'll keep you posted. Clarsah

P1010005.jpg

The Mighty Hunter

Clarsah, He certainly does look fierce and I have to say a unique name! I am so glad that he is doing well and striving in his new home. Almost all of our babies are gone now. We have 12 more eggs to hatch here soon and one of my females just laid another 28. So, he has lots of family members now! But, I miss them all. It makes it worth it to hear such great stories and to know that he is in such a great home.

Thanks for keeping me updated Kerri

Elvyn's up to eating every cricket I put in the enclosure and veggies and beardie pellets too.
:)

oldgal

Sub-Adult Member
Congrad's on your new beardie, its a real cutie pie Zephyr'smom. I love that might hunter pic its adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom