Weird lump and walking funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, but, it sounds like he definitely has fighting spirit in him. A lot of them are not
fond of eating like that, but, he would get used to it if you kept trying. Hopefully, he will
just start to eat on his own again.
When is your light scheduled to be delivered, next week? Maybe the weather will clear up
some so you can take him outside.
At least he hasn't lost any weight yet though. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Sassy123

Original Poster
Thankfully the light fixture/bulb is shipping very quickly, and is actually scheduled to get here today! So I am super glad about that... I will keep trying to get him to eat from his nose. Is sweet potato baby food ok?

Sassy123

Original Poster
I have a question about the Arcadia bulb/fixture. I read a post (not on this forum) that this specific fixture/bulb is too powerful to have inside the tank and should be placed above the mesh. Is this true? Or should i place it inside the tank?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A T5 with a reflector should sit 12-14'' above the basking area with no mesh in between. The mesh top will intercept some of the UVB so if it's mounted on top of mesh it should be more around 10-12'' up. They can be mounted inside or outside as you wish, just keep those distances in mind.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely. Be sure to post a picture of when you get your new UVB light all setup. I hope it
made it to you today!
Sweet potato baby food is perfectly fine, he will hopefully like that.

Tracie

Sassy123

Original Poster
I'm so happy, it did get here today, and was really easy to set up!! I tried to get him to eat the sweet potato baby food, but he tried one large bite and then wouldn't eat any more. It was so clear he disapproved of me trying to feed him that :lol: . It was both exasperating and adorable :banghead:
94828-5792369326.jpg
This is the whole tank
94828-853392925.jpg
His basking spot is about 5 inches away
94828-130758924.jpg
He's been sitting in his basking spot for a long time today after he got the new bulb

Sassy123

Original Poster
This morning I was trying to give Mushu a drink of water on his nose, but when I dripped it on him, he started flailing around on his back legs while grabbing at the air with his mouth. He kept his eyes closed the whole time and he sucked in his stomach so he looked really skinny, after a few moments he stopped, but he scared me so much, I’ve been so worried since then (this was around 8:00 this morning) He has his new bulb, and I’ve been giving him liquid calcium each day, he still hasn’t been eating, despite me trying and trying each day... what he did today really seemed worse and scared me so much! Is he getting worse?? ??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to say. Give the new bulb some time to start working. If you can bring him outside for natural sun that might help too but not at the expense of it being stressful to him. Some dragons like being outside and some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom