Weird!!! Is my beardie brumating in March? Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanaeon

Drogo went to sleep at 5pm yesterday, which is the first time he's done that.
I woke up today at 10 and turned on his light as usual ( his sleep circle was 10 to 10) but he just poked his head out slightly, and then slept again!
So I left some salads in the bowl, and at 6pm I came back from lecture and he's in the same spot,
His eyes were open. He hasn't poop all day today so I gave him a bath, but he still didn't poop after 20 minutes. So I dried him up and put him in the basking spot.
I put some new veggies outside of the tank, to test if he wants to eat it or not.

After about 5 mins hesitation he went out and ate them, he went back in basking for another 5 minutes, and went into the cave to sleep again!

His colour is his natural yellow, no signs of blackness anywhere and yesterday he was outside the tank for a while, maybe he detected the coldness outside of the room ( should be around 20 degrees celsius)?

It's quite weird that he's brumating in March, I'm in London.

and he's around 1.2 years old.

Oh and the last time he pooped was yesterday, the stool looked normal, and no strong odours.
Any advice?

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Could well be. I've known dragons go down at all kinds of odd times - Mocha insists on brumating in September, whilst most of the others won't even think about it until November.
If he's not displaying any other indications of illness and he's pooping okay, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe get a fecal sample in just to check over, but otherwise, just make sure he's getting his baths. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom