Weird discoloration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I dont think it is a fungus, from what i understand they start as a few effected scales and spread, but this is an overall thing. I would just keep an eye on it, could be a 'normal' shed or colour change?

CROCadoodledoo

Hatchling Member
Hey,
My beardie's head sheds just before his body but about a week after his arms and legs. If his head is duller than the rest of his body and you haven't noticed it's shed yet it could do soon. Other than that I don't know sorry :)

HerpieLove

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies all... My beardie just started scratching and bulging his eyes today so it must be an impending shed. I didn't think another would start so soon after last but it must be that or the last one didn't complete properly and hence the leftover fuzziness in the head and tail.

Jittery noob parent here :oops: but can't help it. I've fallen in love with the 'lil guy. Oh! and his fecal test came out negative :blob8: Again, thanks all for your words, made me feel a lot better. Laters :D

ajo

From the picture posted and your description of tone irregularities, I can almost guarantee you have nothing to worry about. Anecdotally, my little guy sheds in sections (head, body, limbs, tail) in a different order each time. Slight color changes at a young age are nothing to worry about, Zeus looked quite brown, after his first shed with me his head took on an a light almost green tone, while the rest of his body remained a darker brown. During this, he shed his tail first which looked vibrant for a few days and immediately began to cloud up, so while the rest of his body was fresh out of shed, his tail was dull. The next shed was more in sync but he still retained his light green head, which was different from his body. I know it's easy to become paranoid of every little irregularity but just keep feeding and paying attention.

Do you bathe your beardie? As this can help with the shedding process.

HerpieLove

Original Poster
Hi ajo

Yes, I bathe my baby daily since he is finicky about drinking water. I do believe it is just what you described. I read many times that shedding turns the scales into a milky shade but I never expected it to be so dramatic. He seems to be very healthy so I'm not worried anymore. :blob5: I really appreciate your reply. Thanks :D

Btw: He's turning into a little pig. No more steak for me. Grocery budget has been hijacked. :p

007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom