Weird behaviour after surgery?

Kindbeardie

Hi all, I hope I am posting this in the correct place.
Last Friday 25th August, our beardie went in for spaying surgery as she had follicular stasis that was quite bad and infected. She was pretty normal leading up to it, she had lost her appetite for a couple of days a week prior but she was on antibiotics and started feeling better much before her operation.
Anyway, the surgery went really really well, she woke up quickly and was ready to come home the same day! She already started eating the morning after surgery and going to the bathroom normally. No black beard or anything!
Yesterday however, she started glass surfing quite a bit, which she does sometimes before she poops. And today she has just been glass surfing like CRAZY. Honestly I’ve never seen it like that before, jumping around and everything. She’s still eating really well, going to the toilet etc. So I’m really confused and concerned she’s going to hurt herself or damage her stitches.
Any ideas as to why she’s glass surfing so much? Her viv is quite bare at the moment as I had to remove any rough surfaces so she doesn’t rip her stitches out.
Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all, I hope I am posting this in the correct place.
Last Friday 25th August, our beardie went in for spaying surgery as she had follicular stasis that was quite bad and infected. She was pretty normal leading up to it, she had lost her appetite for a couple of days a week prior but she was on antibiotics and started feeling better much before her operation.
Anyway, the surgery went really really well, she woke up quickly and was ready to come home the same day! She already started eating the morning after surgery and going to the bathroom normally. No black beard or anything!
Yesterday however, she started glass surfing quite a bit, which she does sometimes before she poops. And today she has just been glass surfing like CRAZY. Honestly I’ve never seen it like that before, jumping around and everything. She’s still eating really well, going to the toilet etc. So I’m really confused and concerned she’s going to hurt herself or damage her stitches.
Any ideas as to why she’s glass surfing so much? Her viv is quite bare at the moment as I had to remove any rough surfaces so she doesn’t rip her stitches out.
Thanks!
I am going to have AHBD give some input on this
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It might just be that the enclosure is bare and she's looking for the comforts of her old home. You can put a rolled up towel or a smooth basking log in for her, in a couple days putting everything back in the way it was except if there's anything really jaggedy.

Kindbeardie

Original Poster
It might just be that the enclosure is bare and she's looking for the comforts of her old home. You can put a rolled up towel or a smooth basking log in for her, in a couple days putting everything back in the way it was except if there's anything really jaggedy.
Okay brilliant, thank you! Honestly I think I’m so shocked because I didn’t think she would have this much energy so soon after her operation!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom