Weird behavior during baths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittraff

So i was bathing my beardie like i would normally hes about 8 inchs so it's in a plastic container with water up to his knees i guess? like covering his vent. But this time he started acing all erratic and like kicking his face (like itching it like a dog would) and then splashing around and trying to swim (really vigorously though). but he seemed like super pissed off whilst he was doing it, was he enjoying his bath or was something wrong?

You might try rinsing out his tub. There might be something that's irritating his skin. When washing your beardie's tub, make sure you get out all of the residue.

A bit off topic, and while I hate seeing a beardie in distress, I think it's kinda cute how they scratch. It just adds to the "scaly dog" personality lol.

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
My beardie did that when water got in his ear, he did not like it at all, now I'm more careful to not get water in his ears.

Brittraff

Original Poster
He just recently shed (like last week) and has no signs so i never really thought about it. Ill see if he starts shedding again

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
My guy hates bathtimes and he used to go crazy. He's slowly learnt it won't kill him, and started enjoying it. He kicks around while he's in there like he's almost swimming and i use a plastic tub he can get out of easily by himself. Look at his colours and beard - if i drip water on Hige's head he'll inflate his beard to say stop but wont black beard me unless he's really angry.
Was the water temperature any different this time, or the position of the tub? Crazy things affect beardies! :)

Hige is brumnating at the moment and is less than impressed with the weekly baths so tends to just beard me or try to get out like so:
hige_the_bearded_dragon_by_jovamabob-d5on390.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom