weird beardie hump

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, my beardie roscoe developed a hump yesterday and we thought it was mbd, but today, it is almost gone. it didn't poop yesterday, it's a baby beardie I got for christmas, it has the best lighting we could get it, it didn't eat very much yesterday, it's pooping fine and eating fine today. wouldn't move very much yesterday but today it is back to it's lively state. yesterday was a stressful day tho, it took a bath and we tried to take it for a walk for the first time but it didn,t want to get in the harness, and it jumped from the couch to the floor once. hump is almost gone today. is it just stress? or is it mbd? I'll add a pic of it today

it's belly was also bloated yesterday

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your pics aren't showing. Here's how to add pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG to attach pics

Was the hump near the base of the tail ? If so it was cased by impaction, food items pressing on the spine being hard to digest. Be sure the insects are no longer than the space between his eyes.

ghostarcherbeardie

Original Poster
it is in the center of the back, but it's poop has whole mealworms in it, my dad gives them to our beardies even though I tell him not to. his belly is also bloated. here's some pics for real this time.
full

full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So the hump appeared after he fell on the floor ? It's probably from the fall then, dislocation or fracture. What type of uvb bulb do you use ? And baths aren't really necessary, you can spray him lightly in his tank to give him a drink, it also helps shedding. Only soak him if he's dirty, and as he gets older if he likes it.

ghostarcherbeardie

Original Poster
dunno, it's from zoo med lab, it came with the 20 gal reptile tank kit. we only give them baths when their dirty and stinky(stella lives with roscoe) again, both of them are only months old. if it's dislocation or fracture then will it fix itself or will we need to go to a vet? i have an appointment set up for this wednesday as a check up. anything about belly bloating?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Mealworms are not good as a staple, and superworms are generally for larger dragons [ although small supers can be used for small dragons in small amounts ] and you don't need to cut the heads of. There is a myth that's been around that mealworms can eat their way out of the stomach [ totally false ] so that's why some people think you need to cut the head off.

For hydration, be sure to spray the baby once a day for a chance to drink. For your other Q's the vet will see him in person and offer advice, hopefully everything goes well.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Normally mealworms are no good because they cannot digest their exoskeleton well at all and will build up over time in the intestines. I would get rid of them, it's not worth the risk at all.

ghostarcherbeardie

Original Poster
roscoe's bump is going down, feeding him calcium every day(doctor's orders) and he seems to be fine now, pooping fine, I know because he pooped in my hand today while holding him, yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom