Weight Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 10 year old female beardie. She has always been on the skinnier side - definitely not as chunky as a normal Beardie Google search shows.

Should I be concerned? She is active and still eats. I decided I wanted to try and fatten her up a bit so I am doing more of a 50/50 veggie to protein ratio over the past two weeks. I definitely notice her personality has improved.

We really do not have a "exotic" doctor out this way. So I wanted to ask on here!

- Should I be worried?
- Is there such a thing as over feeding an adult? When she is done - she stops eating.
- Can I do 80/20 protein vs. veggie to fatten her up or is that dangerous for an older BD.

87063-4039983014.jpg
87063-7989880065.jpg
87063-5629022890.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks pretty good based on the photos. If she is active and has a good appetite then she is probably fine. Some dragons are just skinnier than others and that's OK. In some cases it's preferable. At 10 years old I would keep her diet mostly veges (a nice variety if you can, to ensure proper nutrition). I'd only offer bugs at about 20ish percent or maybe a bug meal every few days if she's eating her salads well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeardiemyDragon
Top Bottom