Weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisa

So on 10/22 my Dragon weighed 311 g. It has been almost a month and now he is at 302 g. He is still eating maybe one or two roaches every other day and I have to bathe him to get him to poop. Doesn’t eat his veggies a whole lot but then again he never really did. I thought perhaps he was beginning to go into brumation because he certainly is slowing down and sleeps a lot but he does awake when I bathe him and he does get active when he’s in the water. Do you think a 9 g weight loss is too much? Other than that he still looks healthy, his tail is still chubby and he seems to be acting OK. He’s about 16 1/2 inches and 12-13 mths old

sounds like just some fluctuation in his weight. it is getting to be colder, and some beardies take a while to go into full brumation. if you are really concerned tho i would suggest calling your vet up or setting up an appointment. are his poops solid and normal looking? it does sound like you need to feed him more protein tho, at that age they should still be getting daily amounts of roaches, 1-3 are fine but it still probably should be an everyday thing, that’ll get his weight up too.

Elisa

Original Poster
Thanks For your quick reply. His poops are totally normal. Large as usual LOL. I offered him roaches a few times a day and I’m lucky if he eats two of them. And of course I just bought 100 of them which he usually goes through in a month and now he’s barely eating them. But again, he looks pretty good to me. I just don’t want this to continue

i understand how you feel. in that case i would suggest a vet appt or even just a call, to figure out if there is any reason for concern or anything you can do to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom