*Weezing* and Spitting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hello guys, it's been awhile since I've last posted. Milo has recently seemed to be sick. He puffs up and black beards quite frequently. He sometimes makes an odd weezing noise and spits up (just waterish looking spit no food.) when I hold him. He gets feed dubia roaches and collard greens daily. His setup is as follows:
-102 warm side
-80 cool
-65ish at night
-a Reptisun 10.0 tube

He's on tile and repticarpet, no sand or loose substrate ever. Not really sure what's wrong, :/ he hasn't been eating as much either. He still eats but considerably less. Thanks to all replies, hoping to get him to a vet soon, but I wanted to see if anyone knew what was wrong beforehand. Thanks.

This is a re-post from health, sorry for the double post :/

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Definitely sounds like an upper respiratory infection due to the wheezing and the waterish spit is probably mucus not vomit since you see no stomach contents. They instinctively hide illnesses to prevent becoming a lunch. Usually by the time you notice an illness your Beardie is very, very sick.
I suggest a vet as soon as possible!
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom