Webcam & video question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol, I didn't mean to put too much "lingo" in there. I'll be happy to explain as much as you'd like.

BabySkales

Hatchling Member
We are trying to figure out a way to this with multiple cameras.. We had a skype acct set up with auto answer that we can go into while we are at work.. But we can only do one camera that way... So I told him about how you did it and he said it could be done... So he is looking into it.. Hopefully we can find a cost Efficient way.. We have 11 reptiles total.. Not including our furry 4 legged pets lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
With that many friends to watch over, multiple cameras may be the way to go. Just configure each camera with it's own IP and port, then you can configure an app to watch each one based on port number. Think brady bunch style screen. Except with reptiles.

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ustream works great except when my laptop goes I to power save mode or screen saver it boots me off time. Tomorrow will be the day I attempt the ip forwarding setup through my laptop. Or I will go to beat buy or ox Richards and get a single security camera. It was super cool to see my BD while at work. Watched him run around and take a poop. Now I know I have some cleaning to do when I get home.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could change the power save settings so it doesn't go to sleep and the screen saver doesn't come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom