We got the humidity back up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I posted earlier about us not being able to keep the humidity up in our incubator. We have since laid a damp wash cloth in the incubator and it has seemed to work. Every other day or so we mist it with a water bottle and the humidity is staying at 86-90%. My question now is, is it ok to open the sealed containers where the eggs are daily to let them have fresh air. We don't leave it open for too long, just a minute or so. Oh the eggs were also sunken in and since we got the humidity to stay up, they have plumped back out. We're hoping to have some babies near the end of January. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for any responses.

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
beardedmama":8acc8 said:
Hi guys. I posted earlier about us not being able to keep the humidity up in our incubator. We have since laid a damp wash cloth in the incubator and it has seemed to work. Every other day or so we mist it with a water bottle and the humidity is staying at 86-90%. My question now is, is it ok to open the sealed containers where the eggs are daily to let them have fresh air. We don't leave it open for too long, just a minute or so. Oh the eggs were also sunken in and since we got the humidity to stay up, they have plumped back out. We're hoping to have some babies near the end of January. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for any responses.

The most important thing in incubation is a stable temperature, and yes you want a clean air supply to the eggs. So yes "burping" the deli cups is not an issue, I do it all of the time to add moisture to the lids for the first several weeks. Just make sure you work at a steady pace and don't mess around to long... But 30 seconds to 2 minutes will not hurt anything just be careful if you pick the cup up as once the eggs are 1-2 weeks old their yoke stems have formed and if you drop them they may tear resulting in death of the embryo.

So take your time and everything will be fine! If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask!

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom