We finally took the plunge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinim

So after a few months of research and building my enclosure and trying to choose the right dragon, we finally got one. This is my 8yo daughter's first real pet, besides our dog. She named her(I think) Lizzy. We got her this past Saturday. She still has some relocation stress so we are trying to leave her alone as much as possible while still being able to see and hear us. I believe she is starting to shed though and trying to keep her hydrated with baths and water to keep her comfortable. But right now she likes to run away and even show me her scary teeth.

She is eating well on crickets twice a day and keeping mustard and collard greens in her enclosure for her cut fresh daily. I just ordered some phoenix worms which should be here tomorrow and we will try those out for her.

Question about the worms, if I feed her worms one meal and crickets the next, do I need to dust the crickets with calcium? Also, my enclosure is 48x24x18 and I would rather not feed her in there so she doesn't get frustrated so I am feeding in a critter carrier, is this ok? Especially since she is going through stress I don't want to stress her out more trying to catch her to put her in the carrier to eat. Maybe the worms will help this issue?

Well, on to the pics.

This is my enclosure, I have never built anything before, so pretty happy with how it turned out.
IMG_0214_zpscee9a381.jpg

And here she is. We ended up getting her from Petsmart, my daughter really wanted to pick her out and not order from online. So we went and they looked pretty healthy and active so she picked this one.
B104EA32-7EDE-4975-B180-40E903E032BE-3869-000008E81045FBFF_zps9624ff51.jpg

5B6403C1-1AE5-4781-A031-691648F73327-3869-000008E8065DF5AB_zps3b2d6acc.jpg

D3011EC2-ACF1-410F-86B9-3E63C872D250-3869-000008E7FDF549E4_zps2b4aca33.jpg

I am sure I will have more questions later, but for now she is pooping well 1-2 times a day, and eating well. So hopefully she will get over the stress soon and we can hold her more.

Thanks for looking.

twinim

Original Poster
Thanks, it looks a bit neater now. I did some cable management with the probes and now have her bowl of greens and one of my daughter's shirts in there for her, too. Still stressed, so I hope that she comes around soon.

twinim

Original Poster
jacody":17laggp1 said:
WOW!! Want to build me one??.. :wink:

I'm good, lol.

Funny thing is, since I had to buy a lot of the equipment to make it it wasn't really much cheaper to make it than to just buy. I used the timeless enclosure plans though and it has the stand directions, too, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom