We are at wits end with Layla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
We have had her since March and her behavior is only getting worse. No matter how long or often we handle her she just keeps getting more aggressive. When we try to pick her up she will sprint all around her tank, normally, now she tries to bite us and attack us, we don't even try to handle her anymore. We are having such a hard time finding her a home, we've tried multiple ADs and craigslist but no one wants her. What should we do?

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Here's an idea. Try to handle Layla when she's getting tired, that way she will possibly more calmed down and less likely to bite. She will then fall asleep on you and you can snuggle her for awhile. Then after awhile of doing this, it is very possible that she will become more relaxed with you. Another thing you can do is when you go to get her out, try to give her a tiny a bit of something to eat. She will then start to associate, "hmmm this person ok because they are the ones who give me the yummy stuff." Also...If you are afraid of getting bitten when taking her out, try to get her out with a pair of gloves or something that has your scent on it like a shirt.

Hope this helps. :)

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sure if you absolutely can't handle her some one around here will rescue her, there's a lot of caring folks around y'know?

Other than that I saw in another thread something about sitting in an empty tub with her, and then she's got nowhere warm to go except to you, and maybe you can make some in-roads with her from there.

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom