WAY too much $$$ spent on crickets here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maytes

Hatchling Member
Some folks are way overboard on cricket feeding!!! I saw some posts where some wiil spend upwards of $ 50/week on crickets. Too much. They love salads,veggies too.You guys are being sold a bill of goods-less crickets more salads,fruit,veggies. Hercules,my 16" male beardie is healthy,not fat,and has crickets,mealworms,silkworms,veggies,fruit,salads and treats,not over $50. of crickets/week.

Jess

Extreme Poster
... Who spends $50 on crickets a week? Im pretty sure that no single-dragon owners do, but in a multi-beardie household I could understand. If you have a young and growing beardie, you cant really cut back on live food anyway. I dont really understand the point of this post, but whatever.

The most I even spent on crickets was $20/week when I had Wink (I couldnt order online, so I had to go with over priced pet store crickets), and Dudley costs me $3 a week normally, but he doesnt cost anything now that he is brumating.

Sea2SJK

Start your own dubia colony. I started mine with $40.00 about half year ago.

Now I have about $1000 worth of dubia. I don't know what to do w/ them.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Mine are all over 1 year old and they still eat tones?
You really can rt force them to eat veg if they don't want it

Jess

Extreme Poster
Once theyre 2 years old, they eat more veggies since they are full grown. But until then, they need alot more bugs.
How old is your beardie? If he is only 16", in guessing that he is still fairly young, and that he should be having more bugs than veggies at this point.

Paperdaisies

Hatchling Member
I think it just depends on the number of animals a person has, the ages of the animals, etc you know? We spend $96 every two weeks on crix alone. That's before buying any other supplemental feeders, veggies, greens, etc.

I've just recently gotten to the point where I'm willing to deal with the dreaded lobster roach to try and save money. :lol:

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
I spend $7 a week. $5 for crickets (100), and about $2 for greens. I breed my own supers, so that helps...

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
i agree we spend on average $ 10 a week or less with greens and crix and the average if we average out extra worms but
we are raising hornworms now and it is going pretty good as we are getting a growing cycle going. we buy a few odd worm
to use as treats and a lot less crix now.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
MALIBUSMOM":2liv94tu said:
How do you breed supers?
VERY easy. youtube it and there are a lot of videos going step by step. Thats how I learned, and it isnt expensive at all. Takes a little while to get going, waiting for your worms to pupate, but other than that, not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom