way to open bearies mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Cjdickey your correct that is the way my vet showed me too, but I showed him a new way and he liked it much better. Rubbing their lips works like teaching a baby to feed it is stimulating which causes them to open there mouth willingly. When you pinch the beard area to pull it down you can actually cause harm to your beardie if you are not very careful doing so.
ErinMeetsMachine":80d7c said:
I just tried that... I rather practice than have it come down to the wire and never getting them healthy. I think she actually liked it. i just slightly rubbed her lips and she opened up. after that she was biting after the siringe like she wanted more more more
It's worked every time for me. :wink: I learned that from Zak-n-Wheezie. :lol:

boxers

Hatchling Member
Oh, thank you, but that was years and years ago. She has since passed on from her various other illnesses. :? Do not purchase dogs known to have a lot of medical problems from "backyard breeders"! She had the cherry eye episodes, epilepsy began soon after, and her actual cause of death at age ten was congestive heart failure. I learned a lot with her, though.

So I guess that is not what your beardie had, if they don't have tear ducts, but that's definitely what it looked like on my dog. I am glad it cleared up without surgery, phew! :)

MrT, how is your dragon doing now? Did the mouth-opening method(s) help you? Is the medicine showing any signs of improvement?

MrT

Original Poster
Tips sure helped only have to put syringe to her lips now and she sticks her tongue out to lick it
The eye is slowly clearing up its realy bright but a bit of gunk still there
she has had me scared as she did not pass a motion for two and a half weeks and stopped eating so got her ready to go to the vets and got half way there when I noticed a distinct smell , and looked and there was a large pile in the corner of the box. So save me twenty pounds at the vet
but will take her back next week to get her eye checked out

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
LOL!! The same thing happened to me! :lol: Jojo didnt poop for 17 days.I packed her up and drove 1 hour to the vet. When we were waiting for the Dr. to come into the examining room she pooped on the table :lol:

Im glad her eye is doing a little better and she is taking the meds pretty easily :D

Boxers,Im sorry about your dog :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom