waxworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardielife

Hatchling Member
I feel really bad...
My beardie is like around 8 months old and I've been trying to get him to eat a little more. He really likes waxworms so I got those. He at 10 :(
I didn't know they were that bad.

Also, I don't give him these a lot. He hasn't had them in a long time and I probably won't feed him any more for a while.

Did I just give him way too much?

Thanks

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
beardielife":1fhublk5 said:
I feel really bad...
My beardie is like around 8 months old and I've been trying to get him to eat a little more. He really likes waxworms so I got those. He at 10 :(
I didn't know they were that bad.

Also, I don't give him these a lot. He hasn't had them in a long time and I probably won't feed him any more for a while.

Did I just give him way too much?

Thanks

i'm sure he'll be okay. just got to give them those as treats and not as their normal food. :p it's like little kids with candy. they think it's delicious but not so good for them in bulk.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
yes 10 is far too many. i only used to give mine 2 a week but then i stopped because she wouldnt eat anything else for nearly a week.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
I wouldn't be worried at all. I buy them every so often and let Buddy munch on them. Maybe even 10 as well. I usually do it when she isn't eating much but it's a "nice" treat for them.
It's not that they are bad for beardies, just not nutritious and more fatty.

beardielife

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, I feel a lot better :) I'm glad you do that sometimes, too.
I'll definitely limit the number now that I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom