wats up dragonworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

tupac105

Hey guys I'm new to beardies but have owned other reptiles and exotics. I recently bought a 1 week old baby beardie. Drake is now almost 2 months old. I now know that I shouldn't have bought such a young dragon but I have taken good care and he is now quite happy. He is curently in a ten gallon with screen top and the lighting is a 50 watt tightbeam sunglow,24" flourecent dessert tube and a 50 watt red night heat bulb all from exo terra. I am building a 4'x2'x2' enlosure with full fakerock/styro cave and upgrade lights of course. I will try to post pix from begining till end when it's finished. Anyways thats my introduction

mischa

Juvie Member
Welcome to beardeddragon.org, Just throwin this out there, but you don't really need a light for night unless your house temp goes below 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

tupac105

Original Poster
mischa":9e693 said:
Welcome to beardeddragon.org, Just throwin this out there, but you don't really need a light for night unless your house temp goes below 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

thanx. i havent put my termometer in yet but until i put in the night light he would completly bury himself at night for heat and now he sleeps on his branch so i think i needed it or is burying himself normal?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
What is he burying himself in? You can try wrapping him up in a little blanket at night if he likes to hide. allot of us do that. You might want to check out the viv forums for the best lights to use. I personally use the Trex MVB because I like that I can use just one bulb for heat and uv and it helps cut down on the electric bill also :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom