Watery Eye(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
So I know I've posted about Zero keeping one eye closed before, but I've discovered something recently..

His closed eye has kinda switched sides and the one that had been closed the most, is now watery when he opens it. I'm not sure if this means anything is wrong, and he does open both when he's walking around or focusing on a Super, but other than that he keeps one or both closed and then the whole watery thing. This normal or should I be worried about possible issues? He hasn't really shown any real blindness symptoms, other than the normal beardie lack of depth perception by bumping into walls every now and again or missing a worm when he launches at it.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I'm not familiar with you so forgive me if you've answered this before. How old is Zero? How long have you had him, is he new to you or had him for a while. When did this start. What substrate do you use?
Amanda :)

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yea, guess those could help haha. Forgot I haven't met everyone:

Had him since 3/29/13 soo about 4 months
It's been going on for a while off and on
He's on natural slate tiles

Also lighting:
ReptiSun 10.0 tube (6 month mark on September 25, 2013)
60w halogen basking spotlight bulb
2 40w-50w house bulbs for extra light

Basking temp 105F
Ambient hot 93-98F
Ambient cool 78-85F

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are his eyes doing? You could try turning off the UVB light off for a few days just to see if that helps.
Are his eyes swollen or irritated at all?
You could try some sterile saline solution daily, to help. At night, you could use some warm, moistened chamomile tea bags on his eyes to help reduce swelling, too.

Is the basking light a bright white light or coated with neodymium or a light blue tint?
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
His eyes aren't swollen, thankfully. As far as his UVB its a ReptiSun 10 tube so I'm not sure, but I think it's bright white (it's off at the moment and I can't quite remember).

I do have Saline Solution so I suppose I'll get back into using that again. His appetite seems okay. I'm only able to feed him once a day because of work (I so leave food, he just doesn't touch it). When I try to feed him a second time, he eats a couple and then turns and walks away. I'm guessing its because the feedings are too close together.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just realized you weren't talking about the color of the ReptiSun:

I've been meaning to switch out his basking light because the spotlight I have has to be turned way down so it emits less light than heat at this point. I do offset that by having 2 other house bulbs (not exactly white either, now that I think about it) next to it to make it more bright in there. Next payday if I'm able I'll look into switching out his bulbs and start that war all over again. With all these new low energy bulbs, it's hard to find one that works. Oh and none of them are coated in Neodymium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom