Watery eye/cloudy liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permutation

Hatchling Member
We recently adopted another Bearded Dragon from our vet in July, we are unsure of age but we think he is older. His name is Elliot.

This morning when I was feeding him I noticed his left eye was watering. I took him out to take a closer look, and it looks like there is a cloudy liquid leaking from his eye.
Does anyone have any idea as to what this might be, and if there is anything we can do to help him?

I will post a picture below.
you can see the liquid around the bottom of his eye.
93064-9332490554.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be irritated from a shed in which case it should clear up on it's own. It could also be an eye infection which can be determined by the vet and treated with medicated eye drops. Another possibility is that the spot where the tear ducts drains is blocked, causing a weepy eye. This isn't harmful in itself but I don't know of a treatment for it. One of my dragons had that and it was confirmed using a neon dye to see if the tears were draining properly (they weren't).

Permutation

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks, we will keep an eye on it and keep it clean for now, and if it gets worse or doesn't clear up, I have close contact with our vet and will ask her about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom