Watering Dubia Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogsong

Hi everyone,

I have three bins of Dubias going and I have a question about watering.

I'm using the polymer water crystals that I get from That Roach Guy and they work well.

But, the roaches tend to take them out of the water dish and carry them off. Has anyone come up with a way to keep them from being able to carry off the water crystals?

In my original bin the water crystals are everywhere. They even pack them into the toilet paper rolls.

Frogsong

Original Poster
Well, then I have to fill up the bowl again. And the more I have to fill the bowl up, the more water crystals I have to buy. Plus, they are wet, and I worry about mold forming in the frass.

Frogsong

Original Poster
techdave":3u8o08yi said:
They take off with them? lol Mine leave them in the lid that I put them in.

Yep, they hoard them. Stuff them in the toilet paper rolls and in the corners where they like to hide. For some reason they love burrowing in it. I can fill the water dish up, and the next day they've packed most of it out.

jon21388

Juvie Member
haha thats pretty funny. Mine water crystals stayed in the container, i know just use carrots though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom