Water intake ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone.. been a little crazy busy so haven't been around but have a stupid question lol.

I have never seen Lizzy drink water in like 6 months. She has a water bowl but aside from seeing her sitting in it every once in a blue moon because it's close too the window and she wants out... I've never seen her actually use it. So I took it out about three weeks ago.

So I offer her water ever day with a dropper, no go, and she doesn't drink from her bath. I mist her every day of course. I put the bowl back in because I just am not liking that she won't drink from the syringe or the bath lol.

What gives? I see everyone else seeing their dragons drink !!!!!

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It's my experience that most dragons never drink water from a bowl or bath, they may lick up drops from a syringe if offered or off the glass if sprayed, but they just don't need to drink water if their diets are full of big, juicy, live bugs and greens. They get their hydration from their food, which makes sense since they are from the Australian desert where there is little standing water.

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah she doesn't lock it off the glass either lol. When she was a baby she happily gulped it down from the syringe and then boom.... head turn and stink eye lol. She's not dead or dehydrated so it's not an issue but it sure would be lovely to see her drink sometime!!! ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, spraying water is pretty crucial for a baby but some dragons don't drink much as they get older. My adults drink from the spray bottle about every 10 days. Sometimes it takes a good 30 seconds before they begin to lap it up.

In the wild they some dragons will tip their bodies if they get even a slight rain and drink as the water slowly runs down to their mouth. They would also drink from the dew on plants in the morning.

Zanna

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD! Hi ya hon! :)

Well she's a year and half ish nearly now so maybe that's why but that's good to know thank you ;)

Going to try to tempt her with some apple juice tho... would make me happy to see some liquid go in lol lol ?

Did you know, if she sees a human catching her eating her salads she runs away from them! Silly dragon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom