Water coming out dragon's nose.

donovan

Original Poster
Guys, need help! About 2 hours ago I fed my dragon with 2 teaspoons of water to cool him. I left him near the window under the sun and his mouth was wide-open so i thought he was overheated (almost all the water was spilled though, so he didn't drink much). Then like 15 minutes later I noticed bubbles coming from his nostrills. Found out the pet should be left in a declining position to help the water drain. But about 30 minutes the only water thar came out was just a couple droplets from each nostrill. Though as i said before he didn't drink much, I am worried. He is still acring exhausted and hardly breathing but his skin and beard are bright despite 5 or 6 black spikes. Will he be ok? I can't check on him right now because I had to go to work.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You did the right thing with the teapot maneuver , holding his body at an incline head down. Hopefully he'll be fine but just watch for possible coughing, heavy breathing, etc.

donovan

Original Poster
You did the right thing with the teapot maneuver , holding his body at an incline head down. Hopefully he'll be fine but just watch for possible coughing, heavy breathing, etc.
Morning update: he seems fine. Black spikes on his beard are gone, he turns his head to me and climbs on my arms when I pick him up. But his breathing is strange: he takes a normal breath, exhales just a little bit and after 5 seconds he exhales the rest. Smoetimes he takes a very little breath and then exhales fully 3 seconds later, just like he always does. Should I take him to a vet now or wait untill next day to see any changes?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If he appears to be acting normally & doesn't have a black beard, then you can do a few things at home to help boost his system first before taking him into the vets.
During the day you can increase his basking temperatures by a degree or two if he tolerates it to help his immune system. Overnight, you can keep him around 75-80F to help boost his immune system. Keep his humidity under control right now, too.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom