Water Baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
86506-1684021443.jpg
This is Brighid. I just gave her this water bowl literally about 10 minutes ago and she jumped in it, out of it, back in it and now won't get out. She seems to be playing a game with her self or something. Is it normal for them to love water so much? I have a water bowl in her house at all times but she's never played in it like this one. I noticed that she scratched her head a couple of times but I've never seen either of my other dragons do this.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
She loves a bath !!! Cute, but I would not leave her in there too long. She still might like laying in her dish when it's empty.

LadyofDragons

Original Poster
Terry15":2o6wiylt said:
She loves a bath !!! Cute, but I would not leave her in there too long. She still might like laying in her dish when it's empty.
Okay, I'll do that. She keeps looking up at me as if to say, "mama don't look at me I'm having fun." But I'm a little bit confused because I've given her sink baths before and she's never liked them.

LadyofDragons

Original Poster
SLDragon":x2s5mx3t said:
Do you have an accurate idea of your temperatures?
Basking is 96-100 during the day, cool spot sits at 82-85. She's got the reptison 10.0 uvb, two hides, a stone under her basking spot that she likes to sit on and three trees that she constantly climbs into and hangs out. The temp in that area is about 89. I'd take a picture but I have it torn apart cleaning it right now. Oh and she has a small water bowl that I catch her drinking out of at least twice a day.

SLDragon

Ah ok

I was thinking it maybe a response to being too hot. How are they measured?

Imo your basking spot would benefit from being up around 110f

LadyofDragons

Original Poster
SLDragon":xyppm92y said:
Ah ok

I was thinking it maybe a response to being too hot. How are they measured?

Imo your basking spot would benefit from being up around 110f
I use an IR temp gun. One thing I've noticed about her is she doesn't bask that often and when she sits on the hot side it's maybe for 10 minutes at a time. She usually doesn't even go to the warmest spot either. She keeps her distance as if she doesn't like it much.

SLDragon

That's fine - i'd still offer the higher temps, as long as you have a gradient at the basking site as well then she can self regulate.

Is she drinking from the bowl as well?

How long have you had her? Any chance she could have mites?

LadyofDragons

Original Poster
SLDragon":3mmxeyba said:
That's fine - i'd still offer the higher temps, as long as you have a gradient at the basking site as well then she can self regulate.

Is she drinking from the bowl as well?

How long have you had her? Any chance she could have mites?

I catch her two or three times a day drinking from her small dish and I've had her since feb 24. There's no chance for mites. All three of the babies were at the vet about two weeks ago. She's active, eats and drinks well... She seems pretty good. One thing I've noticed is she hasn't had a full shed yet.

SLDragon

i don't know i'd have taken her out so soon.

There could be a good reason. as long as she has access to some where to warm up and dry off.

LadyofDragons

Original Poster
SLDragon":2xcnfs6q said:
i don't know i'd have taken her out so soon.

There could be a good reason. as long as she has access to some where to warm up and dry off.

Hmm okay. Do you think any things wrong with her? Like I said she was just at the vet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably nothing at all wrong with her,[ unless she is too hot ] some babies are just curious and they even make us scratch our heads when we see the crazy sleeping positions that look totally uncomfortable + impossible to actually sleep in. Babies can even fall asleep in the water bowl which can be a drowning or a chilling hazard so it's best to not have one in the tank, at least not overnight.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
No water dishes in my beardies' enclosures and tubs.

If your's likes sitting in the water dish frequently and for extended periods , it's thermoregulation and might be too hot. They also appreciate the wetness when a shed is imminent.

I'd make sure the water is only about 5mm deep if you continue keeping water in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom