water and lees kricket keeper and sexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
hi pplz,

i FINALLY got o-goncho to drink from his water bowl tonight-after 8 months of trying!! tell me if anyone out there want some advise on trying to teach that.
what do u think of lees kricket keeper? i know it always gets 5 stars, but just some Qs.-do less crix die??and u know where the trap door goes,it attaches on the top, but when the tube is in theres a tiny square hole on the side, should i cover it up??

TYTYTYTYTY so much!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DistDrag

Juvie Member
Just a couple comments for you:

The cricket keeper is OK if you have a small number of crickets (few dozen) or are using small (1/4") crickets. Otherwise, even the largest one is too small and you would be much better off just getting a plastic tote. If you are buying small amounts of crickets you may want to consider ordering in bulk online, better crickets and much cheaper.

As for drinking from a dish, if he has done it already he knows it's there. One thing that can help is having something set up to drip into the water. The sound and motion will attract their attention. Keep in mind that dragons get moisture from the feeders, vegetables and baths so as long as you take care of those aspects I wouldn't be too concerned if you don't see him drinking from the dish.

Kevin

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ty everyone,fo'da kricket keeper, we usually get 3 dozen at a time and its a pain to stressfuly catch the crx in a jar. and id like somtin quicker. ill check o-goncho one more time today, but ill probably sayin hello to Ms. o-goncho today :p also do u think she has more growing to do at this age??ill measure her today too.

DistDrag

Juvie Member
Here's my tip for catching crickets. If you keep them in a tote place egg cartons or something like that in the container. They will tend to gather on them. To catch the crickets I use the dome from an extra light fixture. The ones like you would use for heat lamps. They usually have holes to vent heat so put tape over everything but the one where the bulb would go. Upside down it makes a great funnel for getting crickets into a jar. May not be pretty but works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom