Washington/Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ectotherm1

I don't know how many people look here but..
I live in Washington and looking to adopt a Beardie.
Without tank is fine, I have all the supplies.
I've looked on craigslist, and most people are trying to get rid of animals with a "Rehoming Fee" and most of the time they're ridiculously high for just a normal Beardie. IE $200 for an adult normal is INSANE.
I'm not saying I wont give the previous owner some money to recoup but like I said above, nothing ridiculous.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Young, or old a Beardie is a Beardie and I'd like to help some out any way I can.
:)

Ectotherm1

Original Poster
I have.
I'm more interested in adopting or rescuing an unfortunate animal though.
I'll browse the FS section again though.
:D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I know, I have the same problem with the for free section.
When I check craigs list in my area I had to keep checking for months just to get the correct size tank I wanted for my two girls, the 40 breeder tanks. I see all sorts of dogs and cats but not many reptiles. I saw birds once. I saw a beardie awhile back that I couldn't do anything about because, in my case, I'd have to buy a new tank as it was an adult male that was in a 20 gallon tank, obviously too small.

I had good luck with my rescue, Speedy. She was given to us about 13 months ago and was almost as small as a hatchling. She started growing very quickly after we put the reptisun 10 tube on her that we had, just had to get a fixture for her. Anyway, the lady that gave her to us saw her about 1.5 months ago and she was soo grateful that we took her because she realized that Speedy (she had named her spaz we changed it) wouldn't survive because she wasn't eating because of the lack of uvb. It seems the only response she's made, physically, to a lack of uvb is a lack of appetite. We are grateful for that because we couldn't take a rescue that would require a lot of vet care.

Any way, good luck in finding a new scaley one to love. It does help to have another one to love when you've lost one. It helps fill the hole they leave in your heart when they go.

Ectotherm1

Original Poster
Good thing I checked the For Free section again!
There's a Beardie in Oregon.
I contacted the owners, hopefully he's still available and I can pick him up!
Fingers crossed.

My local craigslist gets reptiles from time to time but it's mostly ball pythons and other constrictor snakes, and large monitor lizards.
I see beardies from time to time but its mostly babies for sale, or overpriced normal adults.
I really cant justify paying $150 for a normal dragon when that's what I payed for my Hypo Red x Blood girl.

Beardies are great animals, and I'm sure I'll end up with more and more! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom