Was Very Frustrated!! Not Any Longer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
I wanted to tell everyone today I gave Jack a Bath Tub soak and he went to the bathroom very well. This is his first time ever having the super worms so I thought I would help him out a bit and let him soak so he could go and he did! VERY WELL INDEED! He has had the worms since Sunday and his greens and calcium, and his new lighting fixtures. All of this is making him very active. He is wondering all around his cage and going up and down his branches. It is really nice to see. He has not been this active in a long long time. I can't stop watching him. We are having a staring contest, but He always wins! Auh haha. His body doesn't look any different and I don't expect to see that for a bit here. But his attitude is very good. He is bright eyed and very very alert. He seems very happy with himself. :blob8: :blob5: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :) :D :p

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
If some people say no about the meal worms and some people say yes then you should probably just not take the risk. Play it safe and just go with no.

The key to fattening up your beardie is to start feeding him nutritious foods. This includes giving him the right greens. Greens do not have fat in them but in a living organism everything come hand in hand. At this point the veggies you are giving him dont really have what a bearded dragon needs to be healthy. http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html this website has veggies marked in green that have the right type of nutrition. Turnip greens and dandelion greens being my favorite. Once you start to add the right vitamins along with the calcium your beardie's body will be able to easier go about the chemical processes that it needs and will not have to strain to do what it needs to do (to put it VERY simply)

So I would stay away from the pinkies. Your beardie needs to have a healthy diet. I guess this comparison is going to be crude but you wouldnt go to Africa to a area in crisis, where the children are starving and thin to give them cookies. You would start to give them the healthy food that they need and that will help their bodies to calm down and start to fill out.

the butter worms are great so you are doing a great job listening to everyone and getting your beardie back on the right track. Have you taken a look at http://www.mulberryfarms.com/ they have a great assortment of feeders.

The only other thing i wanted to ask are the temps in your cage. What do you use to take the temps? you can get a cheap probe thermo from walmart. Stay away from the stick on ones they are not accurate. In order to diegest foods and the vitamins in the foods they need to be able to bask in areas ranging between 100-110 and of course they should be able to get away from the heat and cool down. cool side of tank being 75-85. if your tank is too cold you could get a higher wattage bulb or try a flood light.

good luck!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
I know it is very frustrating to get conflicting advice. There are differing opinions on raising any type of pet (or children for that matter). Some of the advice out there is outdated. There have been studies in certain areas since then. There are those who still do things "the old way".

Most of us try to give general advice to help make things easier. But we are all still different people with differing ideas. Your best bet is to use an updated care sheet (you can find some links up top).

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a poll I just started in "Off Topic Area" called: VOTE FOR JACK!
Check it out everyone.
Thanks Josie Jacks Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom