Ware to buy phenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mraw

I'm am going on a trip with soon and I am trying to make the care for my beardie as simple as possible while I'm gone. Would phenix worms be a good choice? If so Where should I get them and how much should I get for a 1 week trip and should I get the large worms?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Phoenix Worms are a good choice for a 1 week trip if you want to keep it simple. She may go through a lot of them so I'd get large ones and maybe a 100-200 based on her recent appetite. You can get them from PhoenixWorm.com and they are known as black soldier fly larvae and repti/calci worms on other sites.

mraw

Original Poster
Should I get the 4 cup convience pack? If I have to I'll order from them but is there any where else that is cheaper.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are a lot of options. I've gotten them from Linda's Gone Buggie. There was another thread around here somewhere that discussed a place to get large quantities cheaply.

mraw

Original Poster
Would freeze dried crickets be a good option for a baby beardie? Would they still supply good nutrients or are phenix worms the way to go for a 1 week trip.

mraw

Original Poster
Is there any place that has cheap shipping because phenix worms.com and Linda gone buggy have both totaled around 38 dollars for 500.

mraw

Original Poster
I found a place called joshes frogs and they have a shipping price that is good but I have heard mix reviews about them, some people had bad experiences and others had great experiences , is there anyone on this form who has ordered from them? I need to order tonight.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've ordered supplements from Josh's frogs with no problem but I haven't ordered feeders. I wish I could find the thread that discussed a discount black soldier fly larvae distributor but I'm not sure where it went off to. I remember reading about it in the last few months. It may give you a good option. Have you tried rainbow mealworms? I think georgiacrickets started selling them too.

mraw

Original Poster
I have to decided to go with joshes frogs but how many phenix worms should I get for a 1 week trip and what size should I get for a baby beardie.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd get the mediums or larges because they're still pretty small. The amount really depends on her current appetite. I'd probably get 100-200 or so and see how that goes unless she's eating a ton recently.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Cape Cod roaches has really good prices. starts at 5 for 100 and just gets cheaper as you go up in quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom