Wants to spend all his time under his rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

Original Poster
diamc":3cdb2 said:
Since he is only 9 mo old, he should still be getting calcium 5 days a wk and vitamins 2 days a wk until he is done growing, which doesn't occur until they are about 1 1/2 yrs old. How many days a wk have you been using the calcium? If not the 5 days a wk, then his body won't be able produce D3, the UVB and calcium work together to give him what he needs. Did you move the UVB a little further away so that it is 6 to 8" from him?

You mentioned that you're using a probe thermometer on each end. Are you laying the probe end right under the basking light(s) then waiting about 45 min for the temp to stop rising before getting the final reading? I'm kinda confused as to why you're using 2 basking lights since they are both turned down. With a 40 gallon, you should really only need just one 100 watt bulb at the most. Are both those bulbs white? It sounds like he is avoiding the basking spot for a reason. Would you consider just using the 100 watt basking bulb and seeing how he reacts then?

Have you gotten a fecal check done on him? If not, that might be something to consider too. I know you mentioned brumation in the beginning, where do you live? Just wondering if it is summer where you are.

Oh ok I haven't been getting him enough vitamins and calcium, then. He won't eat crickets every single day anymore, so I don't know how I'm going to get him all the supplements he needs. I'm using the powders every single time I feed him now. I've completely turned off the 100w house bulb and turned up the basking bulb a little. Now there's a basking spot between 93-97*F. How do I move the UVB light further away? It rests on top of the screen...

He hasn't been eating all his greens I guess because he's spending all his time under his rock. When I offer him crickets he gobbles them up. When I bathe him, he poops. When I take him out for socializing, he's bright, curious and wiggly. He seems to be fine, I'm just worried about his health because of this under-the-rock-all-the-time behavior.

Btw I live in Southern California. I was told by someone (I think in this thread) that it's not time for brumation in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom