Want to build a viv but don't know where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePonz

I'm looking to build a new viv for Grover and i have the dimensions but have no idea where to start
i want it 48" long 24" high and 20" deep. This would fit perfectly on my shelf especially can't change the depth.

What kind of wood?
how exactly to put it together?

I'm 16 with alot of time on my hands so i can work on it every day if needed. Help Please
also some suggestions on what to put in it and how it would be arranged would be cool too i will probably get an MVB so i need to know the wattage needed and the best brand thanks so much.

iannkt

http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

Most people build crossfire enclosures or at least use this design as a template. I am currently working on Spikes new Vivarium using these plans. I made a few changes like 3/4" birch plywood instead of melamine, I have tempered glass coming instead of Plexiglas or lexan. It has been a real fun project so far...have to tile it and make my fake rocks next.

ThePonz

Original Poster
also I had a question about the polystyrene/grout background if your were too make a ledge on the back wall would it be strong enough to hold the weight of a full grown beardie?

triumphtt

Juvie Member
I'm working on that as well. I have seen a lot of people using pillar type poles as support so it's still open underneath. I had huge ceramic mug I filled with water that was about 4lbs (holds 32oz) I used to test the hide I made and I didn't even hear a crack and that was before I added support to it just to be safe. So I would think 1 or 2 pillars would be fine.
On the other hand my buddy had the idea I use wood as a base structure and put styrofoam over it and grout and all that but then screw it into the side I would think that would work but then you gonna start adding a lot of weight depending on how many ledges and stuff you wana use.
Hope that helps if ya wana see a pic of my hide I made check out my blog "My 1st custom enclosure UPDATE"

If you didn't start to make a Viv yet you can always look for a old dresser or some furnature to covert and gut. Which is what I'm working on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom