want to build a bigger tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 40gal breeder tank, but i think that might be getting a little small for him, and i want him to have enough space.... i want to build a new cage, because a bigger glass tank might be too tough to maintain
kdk_0407.jpg

thats what diablo is currently in

i was thinking of getting pieces of plywood and drilling them together, but im not sure how nice it would look and how durable it is.... i was also thinking of having melamine, but that might be really heavy...
so im basically asking what are some good looking, efficient designs that work and will allow my beardie to really be happy.
-----also, if someone wants to buy my 40gal, im up for any offer

Lowes sells plexi glass in different sizes. i think when i looked one was 48' by i forget for like $25. which is good i think. then you could you screws and stuff and whatever wood you want. some people buy vents for a couple dollars at lowes or home depot too. And the top maybe some strong mesh. or would with 2 or 3 holes in it for the lights. The back of the tank would be would and the sides. You could paint it with paints thats ok for beardies. or just get like a plastic background that looks pretty cool and use clear tape and just tape it on maybe. I'm not really sure exacly how to build one but i hope i helped and gave you some ideas. good luck

MiNuS31

Remember this...the word "Pet" is like the word "Organic"...throw that on anything and people will pay extra...but why pay more when you can save money?...go to walmart...look for a closet that you put together...or some type of clothing storage...normally they run from $30 to $60...I have a 6ft high and was 2ft deep...of wood that had that plastic smooth coating for around $60...I turned it sides so it was long...put a nice sheet over it and used it as a stand for my 75 gallon a few years ago...but you can turn something like that into a cage...just need to do minor things to fix it up for pets...but you'll get a perfectly shaped cage made out of wood that's already been cut for you...for just 1/3 the price of doing it yourself...that's what ima do...normally they come with like a cardboard backing...just get a big sheet of wood...replace the doors with glass....you'll be fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom