Want as many homemade enclosure tips as possible please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to build our own enclosure. I want as many tips and opinions as possible. Right now I'm planning a 4x2x2. Made with wood, glass opening front.
I don't know what kind of wood to use and also what kind not to use. I hear plywood but is that ugly? I want it to look nice.
I want a glass front that opens, but not sure if we should do sliding doors or one that opens up or down? Also glass or plexi glass?

My husband doesn't have a ton of power tools, how could we do enough vents without doing all those little round ones at the back of the crossfire?

What is the advantage and disadvantage of having a screen top?

Have any of you kinda hid the UVB? I find it bright and since we like our BD in our living room it would be nice not to have the UVB so bright in our eyes.

I plan on a tiled floor.

s1393

this is the website i used for when i built mine.
http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

i have read to not use plywood cause of possible fumes unless you seal it but idk, went the the melemine like on that website to be on safe side, rather spend the little extra cash than harm my nubs. i also didnt use the little 3" round vents for back, instead i got 3 2x6"(i think that was teh size) long slim vents and just cut them out like the two larger side vents. plexiglass means no glass breaking and going everywhere if something were to happen, such as kids if you have any :D . i did sliding just because it was easier to do for me. i keep my cage in living room too so really i just use his light from cage as the light for the room haha, but it isnt super bright because you cant really see the bulb directly without looking up at an angle, the directions on the site say put some wood across teh front(which is reall for doing the sliding door) but it is a few inches and blocks the bulb from being directly seen.

here is a pic of mine.(the black tape on teh plexiglass is where i messed up tring to put a hole in to make it easier to slide and it broke and cracked some.
nubshouse-1.jpg

harharley97

Hatchling Member
023-2.jpg
here is my set up if u wanted u could mount uvb on top of cage less light in your dircection and wont take away from dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom