Wanna build my own viv.... HAVE NO MONEY! got advice? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitlyn55

Hatchling Member
I got my beardie 2 weeks ago, and i have a 50 gallon tank. now everythings good with that, but I want to build my own viv. My mom bought everything to get it started, (tank, food, dishes, lights, yada yada) but i want to build my own. I'm TOTALLY broke, (i owe my mom at least 700 dollers already, and i only had 40 bucks to start off with) and i dont know what to do. now i know im under age to get a job, (im in middle school) but i dont know how to get a job, (my mom already mows peoples lawns) or even what i need or how to build it!
Got any advice??????????????
That would be AWSOME if you could help!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Well theres not much you can do with $40. I say just keep saving up.

Why do you want to build one :?:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
See you your mom has anything she wants to get rid of and try to sell it on ebay. You could also do this with your neighbors and tell them you'll pay them a cut or something. I've got stuff in my garage and I wish one of my kids would show some motivation for money. Or.... you can sell my stuff, I don't have the time to deal with it. Just a thought. I just built a couple vivs and I could probably show you how to do a basic one for around 60 to 75 bucks. Cheryl

shanation

i built one basicly for free. if you know anyone who keeps a lot of junk at there house go look around (with their permission) basicly all u need is any type of strong material that fits the measurements u want and put it together however u can. my viv is a peice of particle board in the back, plywood on the sides and old glass table top as the front cus it has two glass peices that easily come out. i put the thing together in 10 minutes with some nails and screws and put it on the ground in room.. threw some tyles in there and my beardie was happily at home.. heres a pic
DSC01486-1.jpg

npedersen

Hatchling Member
How old are you and what type of area do you live? In some states you can get a working permit for farm work. When I was 13 I picked corn for 75 cents a bushel. It adds up, it was almost $10 an hour on some days! It helped me out alot in more ways than just making money. I admire the fact you want to get a job at such a young age. A good work ethic is hard to find these days. I would start selling off some things on eBay like mentioned earlier. Go around and offer to do yard work or wash your neighbors' car(s). Where there's a will there's a way. . .

Nick

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Just the glass/plexiglas will cost you more than 40$ bro. + you need a lining for the floor, wood, screws, nails, all that crappy stuff :p I'm building a 146 gallon soon, but it's posted in a different post

Kaitlyn55

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
npedersen":190ed said:
How old are you and what type of area do you live? In some states you can get a working permit for farm work. When I was 13 I picked corn for 75 cents a bushel. It adds up, it was almost $10 an hour on some days! It helped me out alot in more ways than just making money. I admire the fact you want to get a job at such a young age. A good work ethic is hard to find these days. I would start selling off some things on eBay like mentioned earlier. Go around and offer to do yard work or wash your neighbors' car(s). Where there's a will there's a way. . .

Nick

First of all, im 13 (probably sound younger than all u other dudes)Good idea! along with all you other guys! :D thankx for all the great ideas! i might use all of them at once 8) ........ THANKS!!!! If you could please post some pics of your guys' beardie tanks please do so i can get some idea of what I'm doin! :wink:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I'm almost done with my instructions on building a nice but inexpensive enclosure. I think we can get get it done for under $100. I'll let you know when I get it posted. Cheryl

Heres the 4ft one i built (sorry i dont understand gallons, is it American) also for my job i pick up skittles if you know what that is its like bowling im 15 at tho moment and earning about £30 a week thats about $40, to build this viv cost me £25 which is like $35. If you know where to look you can build it quite cheap !! also when you have built it sell your 50 gallon and give the money to your mum !

DSC02694.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

RKCLINT

I built mine out of a childs dresser that these people were thowing away. So, I knocked on the door & asked if I could take it. They were like no problem. I took it apart & thew away what I didn't want & spent Like $60. on the rest. It is 4'x2'x2' in size.

IMG_3473.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom