vivarium background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
ok ive bought a background for my vivarium, the back wall of my viv is wooden so i need to attach it on the inside. im not sure how im going to do this, i need something that wont melt under the heat of the basking light and to stop his live feeds getting underneath it and hiding. any ideas?

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
I mounted my uvb strip light on inside of tank using double sided velcro (walmart $5.77 in the paint/hardware section)...it seems to be holding up fine - I don't know how heavy your background is, but maybe that'll work?

joga_1_11v3.jpg

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well its probably not as heavy as your uvb fitting, ill give it a try. is that 2 basking lamps you have?

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Yes, the one on the right is the hot side.
I have the one on the left on a dimmer and set it back to keep the tank around 80ish during the day, otherwise that side was staying at 73 all day and I thought it wasn't warm enough...

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Thank you Scarlett momma...I used to have a big piece of grapewood in there but she got bigger and it was getting too small for her to climb on. I still want a tank that opens in the front...*sigh*, maybe one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom