Status
Not open for further replies.

gogga

Juvie Member
:p Hi
I am a new beardie owner, got my 5 mnth old 28/2/2010
Have 10.0 ReptiZoo UV light and 60W heat lamp for hot spot
Temps during the day are 30-34deg C Cold side and 38-41deg C hotspot
The petstore told me to put on a infra red lamp at night as the 17deg C temps are too low during night time?
It seems te light is keeping him awake
Can I let the night temp drop to 17deg C

Leo123

Beardies will not sleep with infra red lights on, its a very bad suggestion from the pet store, as for the night time temps you should not be letting it drop below 19deg c as 17 is already too low

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
yes those are too low, you need a ceramic heat emitter. It produces heat but no light so not to disturb your beardy. The pet shop will tell you the red lights are fine as beardies dont see the colour, its a lie, they do, i too was duped! lol :D

Also im not familiar with that brand of UVB, and cant find too much about it. Can you look on the bulb and see whats printed?? Usually when we havent heard of a brand, it hasnt been tested too well, which could lead to problems in loss of appitite, eye issues etc. The two i recommend are the reptiSUN or if in the uk the arcadia 12% range.

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OK, read the tube and box, as it is new... Intalled it Monday. :D
It says
Extra high UV desert terrarium lamp
10% UVB rays
30W (T8)
You need to remeber that I live is SA (South Africa) and bought from Petshop after I read about it on the Net....Maybe this is why it does not sound familiar to you :?
Anyways.....his appetite is fine, i think
The previous owner fed him 2-3 crickets every other day, no salads and pellets
Since he's been with me (3 days now) he ate 7 LARGE crickets on Monday :blob5: and tasted some carrot from my hand :?: not too keen on veggies, probably since hes never had them before
Didnt want to eat much yesterday... :cry: only 1 cricket, but i let him be
And today he had 9 crickets and some apple from my hand :blob8:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
awsome! Just be sure not to feed and live food bigger than the space between his eyes, you dont want him to get impacted! :blob5:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
awsome! Just be sure not to feed and live food bigger than the space between his eyes, you dont want him to get impacted! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom