Viv prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick questions, these measurements, are they most likely to be cm or inches?

Thanks

24 x 12 x 12 = £35
24 x 15 x 15 = £40
24 x 18 x 18 = £45
24 x 21 x 21 = £50
24 x 24 x 24 = £60
36 x 12 x 12 = £45
36 x 15 x 15 = £50
36 x 18 x 18 = £55
36 x 21 x 21 = £65
36 x 24 x 24 = £70
48 x 12 x 12 = £55
48 x 15 x 15 = £60
48 x 18 x 18 = £65
48 x 21 x 21 = £70
48 x 24 x 24 = £80
60 x 12 x 12 = £65
60 x 15 x 15 = £75
60 x 18 x 18 = £85
60 x 21 x 21 = £100
60 x 24 x 24 = £110
72 x 12 x 12 = £85
72 x 15 x 15 = £95
72 x 18 x 18 = £110
72 x 21 x 21 = £150
72 x 24 x 24 = £170

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
lizzieish":3rshcpo6 said:
Should be inches that's what they're usually sold in :)

Thanks, I'll email the guy in a little!

I'm thinking about buying a huge stacked custom vivarium :D

PS: Is 4 beardies between our family too much? I only have 2. I really want another baby :lol:

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
With the prices being in the British pound, I would as if the dimensions are in cm just to make sure.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
If that is cm's those are insanely small.....

have you ever looked at building your own? I build them custom for people around me and speaking from my experience you can build one cheaper than buying one and you can do them exactly as you want.

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
DixieLonestar20x":1kgnoh94 said:
If that is cm's those are insanely small.....

have you ever looked at building your own? I build them custom for people around me and speaking from my experience you can build one cheaper than buying one and you can do them exactly as you want.

I have no experience, I get £400 or so from parents every couple of months so I could buy the materials needed for it. Maybe I could get my father to help? Is it quite difficult?

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Not a bit. I can send you a message on here on the measurements of the ones i build for beardies and the way i do it! quite simple really. My fiance helped me do a couple...if she can do it then I feel quite certain most can :D

I use birch plywood for the bottom, top, back, and sides. birch is a safe and cheap way to go. 4 pieces of the 4x2 sheets is perfect for this. you can get the four sheets here for about $50 for all. (i dont know the conversion to british pounds :D ) then i use plexi glass from lowes for the front to make 2 alternate sliding doors. these run about $16 each. order the slide guides from amazon for $6. so there you have the entire thing framed up for just under 100 (plus some liquid nails or something to seal is up and hold it together. i used liquid nails and framing nails together) after that all you have to do is set up your lights. i make mine where i can lift the top up (its on hinges) for whenever i need to change a light. i have all my lights mounted on the inside. if you want to know what all i use message me and i will give you links to exactly what i use and you can go from there) this is to make a 4x2x2 which is approximately 60 us gallons.great for an adult beardie. from there you just have to decorate the inside. i can also, if you are feeling adventurous, tell you how to carve and form your own hides and basking spots and all around decor and it is cheaper than buying and trying to piece a set up together. I can build one, install lights, and decorate with substrate and all for about $250 or so. and that is ready to go with me already figuring out the exact placement of lights for correct gradients and all. i sell these for $380 as a ready to go, new home for a beardie (although that is kind of out of the question here since you are a little far from me!)

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
DixieLonestar20x":du0agrk7 said:
Not a bit. I can send you a message on here on the measurements of the ones i build for beardies and the way i do it! quite simple really. My fiance helped me do a couple...if she can do it then I feel quite certain most can :D

I use birch plywood for the bottom, top, back, and sides. birch is a safe and cheap way to go. 4 pieces of the 4x2 sheets is perfect for this. you can get the four sheets here for about $50 for all. (i dont know the conversion to british pounds :D ) then i use plexi glass from lowes for the front to make 2 alternate sliding doors. these run about $16 each. order the slide guides from amazon for $6. so there you have the entire thing framed up for just under 100 (plus some liquid nails or something to seal is up and hold it together. i used liquid nails and framing nails together) after that all you have to do is set up your lights. i make mine where i can lift the top up (its on hinges) for whenever i need to change a light. i have all my lights mounted on the inside. if you want to know what all i use message me and i will give you links to exactly what i use and you can go from there) this is to make a 4x2x2 which is approximately 60 us gallons.great for an adult beardie. from there you just have to decorate the inside. i can also, if you are feeling adventurous, tell you how to carve and form your own hides and basking spots and all around decor and it is cheaper than buying and trying to piece a set up together. I can build one, install lights, and decorate with substrate and all for about $250 or so. and that is ready to go with me already figuring out the exact placement of lights for correct gradients and all. i sell these for $380 as a ready to go, new home for a beardie (although that is kind of out of the question here since you are a little far from me!)

Thanks for that, I'd really appreciate that message sending me the measurements and all the other little things! My dad is a carpenter, so that COULD help haha.

Thanks again! :)

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Yes i will message you. give me a little bit and i will link up to everything i use.

With your dad being a carpenter this is kind of a no questions asked way for you to go!!! and he might have some extra ideas as to what to do. anything your unsure about though definitely ask first as there are a bunch of things, such as type of wood, that you wouldn't even think about being harmful, but they can be fatal. such as softwoods, especially pine. under heat like what will be in there, the pine will emit fumes that can be fatal to your little friend!

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
DixieLonestar20x":r00pyxv5 said:
Yes i will message you. give me a little bit and i will link up to everything i use.

With your dad being a carpenter this is kind of a no questions asked way for you to go!!! and he might have some extra ideas as to what to do. anything your unsure about though definitely ask first as there are a bunch of things, such as type of wood, that you wouldn't even think about being harmful, but they can be fatal. such as softwoods, especially pine. under heat like what will be in there, the pine will emit fumes that can be fatal to your little friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom