Viv pics only thread

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Fuzzy: The bottom glass is solid and the top glass slide within tracks. There is also a pin centered in between the two sliders to prevent the doors from opening in the event of a little "glass dancing".

msmaui: You are so right about the vivs being furniture. That is one reason we designed ours the way they are. The unit sits right in plain sight in our living room. We wouldn't want our babies in any other room :D

Julie77

Hatchling Member
kevindeeley12":ee1ba said:
Primo's new tank, it's been done for a while. but ive been lazy enuff not to post it, its 40X30X24. Maple wood on 3 sides and also on the windows, glass for the windows, tile and grouted floor, custom built lid made out of wood and metal mesh from HomeDepot, plants on the side, branch for him to lie on and bask, etc. Im adding an upstairs for him soon, and probably a hammock. heres some pics :
]

Very nice.. quick question... Does your little one climb the "vines"? or try to eat them? We have had to put both our viv's in one room and the ONLY way we can do it is opposite sides of the room. And of course they can see each other... I was wondering If I were to put some vine type fake plants on the glass to sorta "block" their view of one another.. Just wondered if Shadow would try to eat them or climb them.. Right now Shadow has a towel covering the glass so he cannot see but he doesn't like that much...
OR I was thinking of getting that do it your self Window Tinting film for cars and putting that on their tanks... They can't see IN but can still see out...

drayasdaddy

Here's a new Viv that I just finished building for my big girl who gre out of her 45 gal tank. She quite loves it. Wore herself out playing in it today! :D
002-1.jpg

001.jpg

JRyan

This is Petri's home.
It's a 75 gallon tank, and it's still very basic, I know, but I've already spent a lot on it and, being a student, am a bit broke at the moment.
If you could tell me anything specific that would make it better that'd be great.
IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

He loves his tree :D

MyLittleFoot

Hatchling Member
JRyan:

I think your setup looks good, you don't have to have all the fansy stuff to make your beardie happy. My setup is not as well done as some on here but my Little Foot is very happy and loves her log and her fake plants that she likes to lay on.

I say you have done a great job

JRyan

Little Foot and Petri, cute names. I spelled mine differently than the Petrie on the movie but he's still named after the Land Before Time. Thank you by the way, he does seem to like it the way it is. Someday I defenitely want to build one and have a rock wall and all that jazz though.

ewstokes

Juvie Member
Here are my two main units

Put the same post on the DIY thread, thought id put it here too.

the very top cage on the first pic was a 40 gallon converted to a front door open cage. Thats for some of the baby beardies when they hatch. I also have a couple extra tanks in storage for when that happens. Also the dark drawer on the bottom is the laybox for the bottom cage. There is also an underground sandbox for the male on the middle cage.
2979825167_1d145a03a5.jpg

This unit is for the frilled dragon and blue tongue skink. There used to be two in there but now he is seperate because they just came back from brumation and are going to breed. The top 2 units are actually 1 whole unit and it was converted from a old big screen tv console. In the bottom, the ramp system was designed to accomidate for the female's handicap that she had when I got her, which was no fingernails. So it makes it easy for her to get around and there are plenty of hiding spots.
2966351568_872d5de0a1.jpg

2966356360_a7e423f596.jpg

2965507961_b42359a524.jpg

and here is the crested gecko cage i made from a 55 gallon on its side

2998006325_211bd5aa89.jpg

drayasdaddy

herpfreak":a47df said:
Wow! That's amazing! I love the little stairs!! I bet your girl loves it.
Yeah. She went absolutely loopy for about 4 hours til she tired herself out from all the climbing, jumping and digging she was doing. Didn't think lizzards could get excited! :D

JLT

So I finally got Drago's viv up, only thing that will change is the UVB will be replaced with a better looking one lol.

HPIM0171.jpg

Thanks to all that helped me get his lighting, substrate, temps, and food right. He is much happier now.

JLT

I got a 40 Gal breeder from my brother, soooo happy about the outcome of this. Much more room for Drago to play around on/in.

HPIM0206-1.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom