Viv pics only thread

falcor33

Juvie Member
hello! use a non-toxic acrylic sealant, that's what i will use when the time comes. as of right now, the wood isn't sealed, but it is sanded down very smooth, so falcor has never hurt herself on it, and i'm very anal on keeping her cage spotless. the only reason i haven't sealed it is i still may do something with the walls themselves, i may carve out some styrene and make interesting designs, like others have done here on this thread. i LOVE dragons, the real ones and unreal, so i'm thinking some medeival theme with a castle, or something like that. i also love green, so a forest theme would be nice too. i'm going back and forth in-between those 2 ideas.

what do you guys think, any ideas for some walls? :study:

mrbeardie

is there some sort of web site or something that gives you instructions or guidelines and a list of materials on how to make one of these cages for the beardies? i have been looking at alot of viv's on here and alot of them seen to have the exact same design build. any information would be great. thanks

Frito

Hatchling Member
its pretty much a box with sliding glass front doors everything else is plywood etc. slap in some vents and your done. pretty basic, the hardest part would be making the channel for the sliding glass but its not as hard as it would seem.

EAGLES

Google is your friend. There are some plans out there.
Also there are many build threads here where you can gather bits of info for final plans.

Frito

Hatchling Member
real glass, you can use plexi but it scratches too easy and eventually its going to look like crap and need replacing.

the reason for the sliding doors is it's easiest to go in from the front to pick up beardies because they can become startled if you come from above to pick them up and you could do swing doors if you wish but its easier to do sliding glass doors and lock them

ReptiEpIc

ricardozorro1990":x41zwph4 said:
REX the dragon :D he loves to bask in the sun eheh i open the window and let him bask :D

100_6173.jpg

regards

Beautiful beardie!

Eljay

Hatchling Member
I thought I would rescue this thread from page 4!!

no one has posted on here for aaagggesss, and I miss seeing everyones enclosures!

I have had one built for me, which is pretty much finished :) but its not here yet, still in the workshop, so no yoshi enjoying his new place just yet, just a random log! I will post more when it gets here :)

41355_421683189098_774239098_4561984_754704_n.jpg

39165_421685089098_774239098_4562090_242088_n.jpg

40515_421687149098_774239098_4562215_6365744_n.jpg

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Beetle_Juice":1vcot141 said:
My newly finished viv for Dante....posted it in enclosures for comments...thought i would post here just cuz :D

Cool Side

DSCN8349-1.jpg

Basking side

DSCN8353.jpg

Full Frontal view

DSCN8350.jpg

How do you do the back of the viv like that? its incredible :blob8:

I feel like mine is pretty lame compared to a lot of them! But I was SO excited because we just put in her new tile floor today. 40 gal right now, but we're both really interested in making her a custom enclosure one of these days. So we'll see! :)

Excuse the fact that one of the cacti is flopped over, lol. Francie is shedding somethin awful and she was lovin on her cactus to make her belly feel better. :p

NewFloor.jpg

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
jeez don't think I should post after vivs like that but might as well
DSC00431.jpg

please excuse the reflection of my curtains
DSC00432.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

his basking rock(s)
DSC00436.jpg

and a cave I made for him out of sandstone
DSC00434.jpg

I know it's not that impressive but I've only had Mushu for about 2 weeks I will think of backgrounds and other furniture soon. the dimensions of the viv are 3 foot long by 18 inches wide by 20 inches high. :D

Dechrii

Before (55gallon tall aquarium 48"x13"x21")
DSCN2264.jpg

After building custom enclosure and stand! 4'x2'x2':
DSCN2285.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2288.jpg

Nubz before 4.5inch (yes thats the same exact log in the cage above):
0328001359a.jpg

5months later..Nubbie now 17inch:
DSCN2290.jpg

All of these vivs are so awesome!!! I'm working on a custom one currently and y'all have given me some amazing ideas for the finishing touches!! I can't wait to post pics of it when I finish for your critiquing pleasure!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom