Viv pics only thread

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Very nice :D Is that log nailed down? I love the pic of him about to heat his salad,very cute :mrgreen:
What kind of flourescent bulb do you have? It's very blue (unless that's just the way it looks in the pic)
Oh,and some slate tiles would look awesome in there. :D

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Hey thanks alot :)
Nope, it is not nailed down, but it is very stable.
Ive actualy changed it around a little bit as i got..finally.. a MegaRay..

In this pic i was using a Nec-T 10 UV tube.
I was speaking to Francis from ReptileUV and she suggested it as it is pretty much impossible to obtain a ReptiSun down under.

Slate tiles i am thinking about, but its hard to get the right texture, size and colour, but i am on the lookout :)

Thanks for your comments..

btaylorbarton

After looking at all the beautiful vivs on this site I looked over and saw how ugly mine was. This had to change. I was surfing Craigslist and found a like new cherrywood and beveled glass, 4 door, lighted hutch for $50. What a deal. We got it home and took the rest of the weekend to get it converted. It's two levels, bottom 1/3 is for our 2 male babies including our paralyzed Annie (thought he was a she), top is 2/3's is for our larger 2 female dragons. We have it set up with basking lights (MVB) on opposite ends and Reptisun 10.0 centered on each level, 14 hours on.
Temperature on top level stays about 102-105 basking and 83-85 on cool side, bottom (baby) level stays at 105-110 basking and 85-90 cool side. Night time temps drop to about 75. The sandstone basking stones help maintain the warmth at night.
There is plently of climbing levels, hides and silk plants and vines for climbing and enough room on both levels for a good cricket hunt. The maintenance has been pretty easy with our dirt devil for loose debris and we simply take out the individual stones and scrub them down when needed..which is everyday!
Let me know what you think...
Vivarium4.jpg

Vivarium1.jpg

Vivarium3.jpg

03290006521.jpg

taransteve

Sub-Adult Member
Here's Zues tank... hubby made it from our old kitchen cabinets ..he's making one for Suezy now... we replaced the playsand with tile.. :wink:

btaylorbarton.. WOW.. really really nice viv !!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

tank5-1.jpg

:?: Question for the everyone who built their enclosure and have sliding glass doors...what thickness of glass did you use and where did you get the rails/hardware for the glass to set in?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
btaylorbarton,
What a great looking viv, isn't it exciting to make a viv out of a nice piece of furniture.............
The only suggestion I would have, is that your cool temps seem a little high, usually 75-to 80's, giving them an area of heat excape. You said your night temps are 75, don't be afraid if the temps get as low as 60, it's actually good for them to have temps lower at night. Also, be careful in housing beardies together, there have been awful stories in this area, but I'm sure your careful about this, these are only my suggestions, so I hope you don't mind......................
Keep up the good work, the viv looks great, and welcome to the site!

btaylorbarton

Thanks bunches for the positive comments about our first Viv "conversion", I'm glad everyone thought it was as cool as we do.

Christine,
Thanks for the temp advice, I took it. We opened up the screened vents some more to help the heat dissapate quicker on the cool side (which we had blocked for winter temps). Since we live in SouthCentral AZ, summer temps are horribly hot and we keep the house at 78 degrees, that may seem warm to some but here....it's cool compared to the triple digits it gets outside. Dare I say that the cool side of the Viv will not fall below the 78 degree range unless we have a freakishly cool spell this summer!

Cohabitating Dragons- I am aware that it can cause some issues but we haven't seen any aggression and give them enough "hangin' with their person" time they just go to their prospective perches and chill. We WILL keep a wary eye for changes though.....

Thanks again,

Beverly

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
btaylorbarton":ci5faxal said:
Thanks bunches for the positive comments about our first Viv "conversion", I'm glad everyone thought it was as cool as we do.

Christine,
Thanks for the temp advice, I took it. We opened up the screened vents some more to help the heat dissapate quicker on the cool side (which we had blocked for winter temps). Since we live in SouthCentral AZ, summer temps are horribly hot and we keep the house at 78 degrees, that may seem warm to some but here....it's cool compared to the triple digits it gets outside. Dare I say that the cool side of the Viv will not fall below the 78 degree range unless we have a freakishly cool spell this summer!

Cohabitating Dragons- I am aware that it can cause some issues but we haven't seen any aggression and give them enough "hangin' with their person" time they just go to their prospective perches and chill. We WILL keep a wary eye for changes though.....

Thanks again,

Beverly

That all sounds great, keep up the great job...........I'm hoping to find a piece of furniture to redo as well :) I may ask for some advice when the time comes. :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Sidewind75":3hj8x7tg said:
Mufasa Finally got his new home.it is a work in progress as far as what goes inside any ideas or hints would be gratefull

Wow, that looks great, tile and all.........the only thing I'd suggest is a "hide" for him to run into......unless you have a space under his logs?

Sidewind75

Hatchling Member
beardie osk":24z2ie9f said:
Sidewind75":24z2ie9f said:
Mufasa Finally got his new home.it is a work in progress as far as what goes inside any ideas or hints would be gratefull

Wow, that looks great, tile and all.........the only thing I'd suggest is a "hide" for him to run into......unless you have a space under his logs?

The log in the back right corner has space under it that im going to try to turn into a hide i just havnt figure out how yet

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Sidewind75":208zbksd said:
beardie osk":208zbksd said:
Sidewind75":208zbksd said:

The log in the back right corner has space under it that im going to try to turn into a hide i just havnt figure out how yet

Some folks just take an inverted tissue box, cut a doorway for a temporary hide. You can raise your log with bricks or flat stones on the sides and back, but be very careful that the stone/brick or log are very secure, knowing that beardies jump up and down frequently, as you know, beardies can get very hurt when there's a landslide.

Hello Sidewind75...bad !@# setup!! The tile looks great...it's really easy to provide a sanitary environment for your dragon. I do have a question for you...what thickness of glass did you use and where did you get the rails/channel/hardware for the glass to set or slide in?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom