Hatchling Member
Alright.. I think I am all done...
Katinka (bottom) and Mugatu's new casa!
Picture001-6.jpg

Picture003-5.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
They look great! Sounds like I am not the only person on here who is a fan of Stiller movies... are yours perhaps named after characters from Zoolander? I loved that one!! Will Farrell as a fashion designer is priceless. :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello jtcloud9,

Your viv looks wonderful! I hate to be the one that has to point something negative out, but you did ask for comments or concerns. For starters you might want to put your UVB along side your basking light so that your beardie can reap the benefits of both lights at the same time. With a fluorescent tube UVB, your beardie should be able to get within 6-8" of the bulb for it to be the most beneficial.

Also since your baby is eating in his viv, you may want to consider removing the sand. Your beardie may ingest the sand which causes the threat of impaction.

The other thing I noticed is your thermometer. The stick on thermometers only gauge the ambient temps and can be up to 20 degrees off. A digital thermometer with a wire and probe end will give you direct basking temps as well as a coolside temp. You can pick up a digital therm. called AcuRite at Walmart for $12. It is a great thermometer, which like I mentioned will give you your basking temp, coolside temp and humidity reading. You can find them in the section where they carry the home thermometers(not the pet section).

I hope this helps and again sorry for having to be the negative one. I just want what's best for your little guy! You do have a beautiful set up... Lucky beardie!

Dawn :D

jtcloud9

gulfbrzdawn":e773b said:
Your viv looks wonderful! I hate to be the one that has to point something negative out, but you did ask for comments or concerns. For starters you might want to put your UVB along side your basking light so that your beardie can reap the benefits of both lights at the same time. With a fluorescent tube UVB, your beardie should be able to get within 6-8" of the bulb for it to be the most beneficial.

Also since your baby is eating in his viv, you may want to consider removing the sand. Your beardie may ingest the sand which causes the threat of impaction.

The other thing I noticed is your thermometer. The stick on thermometers only gauge the ambient temps and can be up to 20 degrees off. A digital thermometer with a wire and probe end will give you direct basking temps as well as a coolside temp. You can pick up a digital therm. called AcuRite at Walmart for $12. It is a great thermometer, which like I mentioned will give you your basking temp, coolside temp and humidity reading. You can find them in the section where they carry the home thermometers(not the pet section).

I hope this helps and again sorry for having to be the negative one. I just want what's best for your little guy! You do have a beautiful set up... Lucky beardie!

Dawn :D
Thank you for the help gulfbrzdawn, I do appreciate it. Thats why I asked for comments, so dont feel bad : ) I'm on my way to walmart now : D

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hi guys ! Well I am just about done with Orions' permanent home ! Check it out ! All I need to do is get the plexi installed (getting it this week) and put in Orion and his veggie plate ! Dawn is going to send me the blankets she made for all three so that will take the place of the hand towel in the right back side.
Janie.
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

ChelseaOriononMountian.jpg

This last is over a month old, but it shows Orion and Chelsea, our blue heeler female facing off !
So, will it do ?
Janie.

crawshaws

The only thing i can say after a full 4 hours or browsing/right click -> save as...'ing at work on this thread is WOW

I want to (be a sheep :p) and copy you guys on the whole fake rock formations etc....

But i have come across a snag. All of the guides are american and they use brand names for products they use which are not available in the UK.

If there are people out there from the UK who have made vivs such as the epic ones in this thread with the fake rock walls could you PM me with the materials you used, the sealants, grouts etc..

Thanks alot guys, im sure my manager will love you all for how much of my workload i have shifted today :p

Ta Ta!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom