Viv pics only thread

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
ackie":35468 said:
bosc monitor or sav monitor he is a rescue 8 months old and only 9inches noes to tail bless him and my skink wont get better he is another rescue some ***** tried to kee him in with another lizard and he has lost one back legg totaly and the other back legg has no toes but he is so friendly still poor thing did you want pics of anything in particular?
Awwww poor thing :( At least he is in a loving home now!
I would like to see a closeup of the top right side showing how you split the 2 enclosures.It sounds very interesting.
Well actually I would like to see a closeup of all the cages and pets but I dont want to be a pain :mrgreen: :lol:

ackie

ackie":5669e said:
no problem at all i'll take some tomorrow and load them up as they are all asleep at the min

ok well its morning and they are all awake but only just so looking a bit grumpy
first pic my bosc
IMGP3665.jpg

my baby beardies 18 in total hatched 3weeks ago
IMGP3666.jpg

couple of ackies chillin the other one must be havin a layin!
IMGP3671.jpg

IMGP3672.jpg

one of my hold backs from dec 08

IMGP3678.jpg

one of the female collards up and about
IMGP3679.jpg

mum of the 18 babies
IMGP3680.jpg

just warming up in the morning
IMGP3681.jpg

waiting for some food
IMGP3682.jpg

my juvie gold dragon
IMGP3683.jpg

my blue tongue
IMGP3684.jpg

couple more juvies
IMGP3685.jpg

the top viv that is actually just one but had to put a devider in it making it look like 2 as the doors would have been 2 heavy to open in 6mm if they went from top to bottom plus the full size shelf doubles the floor area
IMGP3674.jpg

this is the hole in the level between the 2 vivs allowes them to get up and down without taking any floor space away and as its a fairly small hole when i have a gravid female i can block it off put her in the lower half of the viv and she can go about her business in peace
IMGP3676.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Wow, what a beautiful menargerie!!!!!!!! I'd probably would not have sand in the viv's (esp. with the babies), but I love the way the viv's are set into the wall, great job!

ackie

thanks for that and i understand the concern about the sand but after 18yrs of keeping reptiles i have never had a problem not even with my babies who go from incubator straight sand that said the sand is very very shallow and there are lots of rocks and stones the depth of the sand is prob only a few mm just to stop the poo sticking there are def worse substraights out there and i dont think anyone ever agrees on which one is the right one to use

ackie

LJean":3e61f said:
Very cool ackie! Love the hole in the floor idea too.

thanks for that im pleased with it and im very suprised they use it but i thought i would give it a go too see what would happen i thought they would spend most of there time on the branches as thats the highest point in the viv but they seem to love it they run up and down all day it also gave me more room for basking sites as i have managed to get 3 in there the one at the top with a mvb the one below with a normal halogen and then the other end of the lower section another gu10 halogen so works out real good :D i still have another tube to put in the bottom section to make it brighter as its still a bit dark down stairs!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Very beautiful! I'm glad that they use both floors too.That would be a shame if you went through all the trouble and they didnt use the ''basement'' :lol: All your criitters are gorgeous,thank you for sharing with us :p

LJean

Extreme Poster
Ackie, no need to thank me. You did all the work, LOL Does look great.

Hitman, was size tank is that? How did you attach the plant?
Very nice!

hitman612s

Thank you. Its a 125 gallon tank. I jus upgraded from a 55 gal. And I jus used a wire and bent it over the top. The suction cups it came with are useless.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow...LJean that turned out great. I had considered doing that also(display case), but found a rather large tank on craigslist. I am still working on it, because it came with a large stand(w/storage). We have put birch would with aluminum trim and I can't get over how much it looks like yours.
I have a few questions for you.
What are the dimensions of your enclosure?
What are you using for uvb/heat and what wattage?
Are you having a hard time heating it?

Dawn :D

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Violet2024
Top Bottom