Viv pics only thread

kFitz

Hatchling Member
Not only am I proud of the DIY hide/basking spot, but I just got this antique dresser on craigslist that has the same surface dimensions as Frank's tank, so the tank sits on top perfectly!
IMG_1625.jpg

This is the tank that I rescued her from 3 years ago:
005.jpg

And one of her basking:
Basking.jpg

markfw

Hey all.
I used this forum to research ideas for my enclosure which i built, so i thought it would be great to show you all the finished product :D
A few tips/ideas for anyone about my cage:
- Cover the entire inside with foam, to improve insulation.
- I have minimised air holes to reduce air movement and loss of heat (the air vent is also down low, as heat rises) - I live in a cold climate, and I am monitoring humidity and so far it has stayed quite low.
- I have used timber off cuts to create the levels, and screwed them on to the cage side to improve rigidity.
- Sliding doors are made of Perspex, in metal "U" rails.
- To keep costs low I was able to get the tiles, some timber and the foam from the local rubbish tip store.

IMG_1159.jpg

Cutting foam:
IMG_1168.jpg

Finished Forming the foam:
IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

Finished Product:

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Go here to see more:
http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q518/mfrankw/

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
kFitz":39esydw2 said:
Not only am I proud of the DIY hide/basking spot, but I just got this antique dresser on craigslist that has the same surface dimensions as Frank's tank, so the tank sits on top perfectly!
IMG_1625.jpg

Wow, that does fit perfectly! The shades match too. Her old tank, before you rescued her,makes me incredibly sad. She's much better off with you!

Crocky

You guys have inspired me. I love to piddle with wood work so a new DIY enclosure is in the near future. But first I need to get my beardie :). It will be my first time owning one although a friend of mine has one so I am somewhat familiar with them although I still have LOTS to learn. Ask me about saltwater fish and I can do it with my eyes closed....LOL but that is for another forum...haha

I had a 40 breeder critter cage so I figure why not use it for now anyway. I bought some stone tiles from lowes and put on the back, they turned out pretty cool and 3 demnsional. I also trimmed out the top and sides with some wood trim.

Here it is so far. Not sure I like the river rocks I have in there but they will do for now. Been looking at several breeders to pick out my new baby and I am super excited.

Here are the initial pics when I put the tile on the back
56b8cea3.jpg

Now with the trim
b6f0185c.jpg

Back still drying hence the wood slats underneath
280caec6.jpg

With river rock. Not sure I like it, I may change out a few rocks and add some driftwood. I like simplicity
a3552e52.jpg

Comments and constructive criticism is very welcome.
Will be purchasing the lights this week. Still not sure if I want to go with UVB and basking in one bulb or two separate.
Thanks for looking

Crocky

Thanks! Here are some updated pics.

Put the finishing touches on the canopy over the weekend and drilled some holes to put vents. I put two on one side (side you won't really see) and one on the other and then 3 in the back.
Tomorrow I will sand and restain the trim and then do the same to the canopy. Took the screen out of the top so it is open and the back end of the canopy will be secured to the tank with some of the same loctite I used to put the tiles on the glass. Will be mounting the lights this week and Hooe by end of the week this week or sometime next to have my first bearded dragon. I just want to make sure everything is set up and ready

25254515.jpg

608864a2.jpg

585495f1.jpg

fbf5045e.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom