Viv lids/screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredsdad

Hatchling Member
Is it advisable to keep a screen or some sort of lid on the viv or can I go without one? Im asking because I am getting the 55 gallon aquarium today that has the lids on it for the lights for the aquarium, but I dont want to use those lids. Im wondering if I can get by without ANYTHING...

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I use the 40G breeder tanks and I dont use lids. With how my light set ups are a lid would just get in the way and block out light, but I am still able to maintain the proper temps. Sometimes lids help hold in the heat.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I've gotten away with out using a lid in the winter, but I had bought a lid for the summer because we have lady bugs, boxelders, and fireflies in MN that sometimes get into the house. I don't want those sneaking in my beardie's cage for obvious reasons!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
I have a lid on line cuz it came with it and I feel safer knowing my cat can't jump in Yoshi's viv. She's never tried, but I feel better. LOL

Until recently I did not use a lid at all. I found it much easier because I could take Charm out without having to take anything off (there is no door/opening in my tank. HOWEVER he was not yet full grown, and this week he finally got big enough to escape by climbing on his furniture. I woke up three days ago to find him wandering around the hallway!!! I only have a 40G, and you are probably fine with a 55G... But if you do not use a lid make sure there is ample space between your highest furniture and the top and that your beardie is not big enough to jump out.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Lids are usually more of a safety thing or to keep heat in. As long as you don't have any other animals that can get in and no furniture high enough for an escape safety shouldn't be a problem, as far as temps go you'll have to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom